Saturday, March 15, 2008

Dice K OK As Sox Beat Birds 7-4..Hello To Sal S.

Atlanta sustained a direct hit by a suspected tornado last night (Friday). There was an NCAA tournament in progress at the time and people inside the building described the increasing air pressure in great detail. 20 people were hurt, some severely, but no one perished, thank GOD. But it was much calmer in Florida as the Boston Red Sox defeated the Baltimore Orioles 7-4. Daisuke Matsuzaka was servicably good, giving up a couple runs in his four innings. He had this to say after the contest ended after 6.5 innings...

“In terms of the four games that I’ve pitched so far, I feel that things are coming along well,” Matsuzaka said through a translator. “As I’ve said before, I’m a slow starter. So, in my fifth start, the thing I’ll be working on is focusing on my first inning. From the third inning onward, I felt like I got a lot better,” Matsuzaka said. “It would be nice to bring that state to the start of the game.”

Manny slammed a two run four hundred plus foot home run in the very first inning, and it looks like he is setting himself up for a monster season. Manager Tito Francona had these glowing words to say...

“He seems very comfortable in his own skin,” Boston manager Terry Francona said. “He’s one of the best hitters I’ve ever seen and I would think that will continue probably as long as he wants it to.”

Peter here, and yes Tito, as long as he keeps in shape, he could be a force at the plate for many years to come. His work regimen, both during the season and throughout the off season, has never been better, and his number is destined to join the hallowed ones on the right field facade of our Fenway Park. He sure deserves it!

Lastly, at least for now, this is what Tito Francona had to say about the continually improving ace of our staff, Josh "Baseball" Beckett. Don't worry, his back is healing with each passing hour and he should be ready to toe the rubber when the Sox return to native soil after their exhibition games and two regular season games in the center of Red Sox International, Tokyo, Japan. Heeeerre's Tito...

"He said he's closer. He's doing the treadmill. He's getting there. We told him when you think you're there, we'll probably hold you back for a couple of days. He's doing a good job of doing exactly what the trainers tell him to do. That's not an easy thing for him to do. He's such a hundred-mile-an-hour guy."

Peter here, and he's OUR hundred-mile-per-hour guy. What could be better than that? Please, my Constant Readers, click on the title of this post to be directed to a great Boston Herald article penned by Tony Massarotti. It's about Manny. 'Nuff said! Have a wonderful Saturday, and check out Atlanta on your local morning news if you can. I haven't seen any pictures from the downtown area, but the six o'clock hour nears, and with it the news. As always, be safe and BE WELL. I wish you the best.

I wanted to say a quick hello to friend and co-worker Sal S. Hello Sal. I told you I'd mention you in one of my posts! And I did. Enjoy your weekend...you're a very special person.

3 Comments:

At 3/15/2008 4:38 PM, Blogger redsox.njdevils said...

Hi, Sal!
I don't exactly know who you are, but if you're a friend of Peter, I'm sure you're great!
----
Congratulations to Dice-K!
His son was born this morning, so it looks like he might be taking Beckett's spot in Japan...
http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080315&content_id=2428569&vkey=spt2008news&fext=.jsp&c_id=bos

 
At 3/16/2008 5:32 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

THAT'S GREAT! Gee Brittany, you comment on the news that I'm planning to write about the very next morning! One reason for that is that I never am on the computer after dinner, unless it's huge breaking Sox news. Another reason is that you keep up on all the Sox news...ever think of starting a blog, maybe once school finishes? I'll write a post and link your blog! Think...Brittany's BoSox or Brittney's Boston Baseball (or something much better).
Thank you so much! Pete

 
At 3/16/2008 6:45 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

And I'm sorry for the misspell...there IS no "E" in your first name. Gotta go!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home