Sunday, March 16, 2008

Baby Matsuzaka Comes Into The World

Great news on this VERY early Sunday morning. And it was one of my wonderful readers, Red Sox-NJDevils, AKA Brittany, who brought it to my attention with her Saturday comment of my yesterday post. DAISUKE IS A DAD!! Here is the entire Boston Globe press release...

"Daisuke Matsuzaka is a father again. Tomoyo, wife of the Red Sox righthander, gave birth to a boy Saturday morning at 7:30 a.m., the team said. The newborn, the couple's second child, weighed 6 pounds 10 ounces. No name for the boy was released.
Matsuzaka, who pitched four innings against the Orioles in a spring training game Friday afternoon, has joined his wife in Boston and is expected to return to camp in Fort Myers, Fla., in a couple of days.
There was some question as to how the timing of the birth would affect Matsuzaka's availability for the Red Sox' upcoming trip to Japan, where they will open the season against the Oakland A's March 25-26. With the child safely delivered, it appears likely that Matsuzaka will accompany the team to his native land, though the Sox have made no official statement to that effect."

Peter here, and Mazel Tov (that means heartfelt congratulations and God's blessings), Daisuke and Tomoyo. May you and your son lead long, happy and healthy lives. You have been truly blessed. I guess we'll be seeing Daddy Matsuzaka pitch the first regular season game in Japan, his native land, and I'll bet you one other thing. He'll be pitching his heart out for his son. I wouldn't be surprised if he dedicates this entire season to his newborn blessing of life. And we'll ALL be behind him. Remember, baseball is baseball but life is, well, LIFE. One is a game, the other? The other is something I couldn't put into words if you gave me two pages to do it. Two HUNDRED pages! But life, health, happiness and a loved one to share them with is something special. Very special. May every one of you, my Constant Readers, be so blessed. And before I forget, please click on the title of this post for Tony Massarotti's Sunday article about everything Daisuke. The rotation (short term) is set, Josh WILL BE BACK, and soon, and we're all happy. At least I hope so.

Again, thank you Brittany, keep up the great work and maybe think of starting your own blog, when school permits. You're a natural Red Sox fan who can put her feelings about "her" club into glorious words. That is such a gift. To all my readers, have a wonderful Sunday, and as always, BE SAFE, BE WELL. Thanks.

2 Comments:

At 3/16/2008 2:14 PM, Blogger redsox.njdevils said...

So, I took your adivce and started my own blog (njbosox.blogspot.com) with a title that you suggested.

I know that I won't be able to write as much as you do everyday, but I'll try to update it frequently.

I figured you wouldn't mind, so I added you to my sidebar links.

Thanks for the suggestions and encouragement--I wouldn't of even had a Google Account if it weren't for you!!

 
At 3/17/2008 5:43 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Great! I'll put you on my link list too, and mention your blog in a post in a couple of days when you get a couple posts up. GOOD LUCK!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home