Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Sorrowful News For A Fellow Red Sox Blogger, And For ALL Of Us

A fellow friend and blogger has just learned that she has cancer. She has already been through open heart surgery, and all of us thought the worst was over. But on Valentine's Day, as you will read, she learned of the devastating news. Her name is Kaylee. She is 16 years old.

I know Kaylee will lick this. I remember the days before she started her own Sox blox, which is on my link list under "Kaylee Blog," and she came across my blog, new at the time, and her good friend Julie had also just started her own Sox blog (Scarlett Fever). So, in typical Kaylee gung-ho fashion, she started her own, with a little help from Julie and a little help from me.

Kaylee, I learned the news this Tuesday morning, and I cried. I know, I just KNOW deep in my heart, that YOU WILL BEAT THIS. There is so much more life left for you.

My Constant Readers, PLEASE click on the title of this post and leave a message to Kaylee. You'll have to sign in, but that's easy. And to you, Kaylee, God bless, and my prayers are with you always and forever. Remember that! PLEASE CLICK ON THE TITLE OF THIS POST AND LEAVE A FEW WORDS FOR A VERY BRAVE RED SOX FAN. Her name is Kaylee, and I've been so lucky to meet her. Thanks.

7 Comments:

At 2/19/2008 3:24 PM, Blogger redsox.njdevils said...

I wish it was better news, but thanks for the heads up, Peter.

I don't really know who she is, but I left a little message for her at her site.

Hopefully, you will have a post soon that says she is all better, but until then, I'll keep her in my thoughts.

 
At 2/19/2008 3:42 PM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

The Diagnosis is Osteosarcoma & it has spread:

In laymen terms, it's Bone Cancer.

 
At 2/20/2008 5:49 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Thanks Brittany. Mike, that is REALLY bad news if it has spread. Oh my God.

 
At 2/21/2008 3:32 PM, Blogger Suldog said...

Hadn't been to Kaylee's in a while, then heard about this over at Omnipotent Q's place. I went over and said what I could. Prayers said, of course. She's a very strong kid, Peter. If anyone can beat this, she can - with God's help.

 
At 2/21/2008 5:07 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Hi Sul...from your keyboard to GOD's ears... thank you.

 
At 2/28/2008 6:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2/28/2008 10:52 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

The last comment was spam, so I deleted it and I returned to word verification status...thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home