Thursday, February 07, 2008

An "Old Friend" Signs A New Contract...McNamee Has Some "Saved Evidence."

It's Thursday, still dark although the sun makes its appearance soon. The yellow orb rises BEFORE 7AM. FINALLY! The days are indeed getting longer, and will continue to do so until June 21st. I came across a couple bits of news, one concerning an old friend. This is from ESPN dot com, and then I'll be back...

"The Cleveland Indians signed reliever Brendan Donnelly to a minor league contract, with an invitation to spring training, on Wednesday. Donnelly had Tommy John surgery last August, so the Indians are taking a flyer on him in the hope he can provide some late-season bullpen help. Donnelly spent last season with the Boston Red Sox, going 2-1 with a 3.05 ERA in 27 appearances for the World Series champions."

Peter here, and good for Brendan! I think every one of us wishes him the best of luck. The Tommy John procedure is NOT an easy one to come back from. It takes hard work and dedication, and I know he'll be up to the challenge. I hope he can do it!

And now, an article from the New York Daily News (a fun rag), brought to my attention by a faithful reader who goes by the screen name Sox/Devils, which highlights her love for baseball AND hockey. She's from New Jersey, and when it comes to sports, she knows her stuff. Thanks Britt! Here is an excerpt from that NYDN article...

"Brian McNamee turned over physical evidence last month to federal investigators that he believes will show Roger Clemens used performance-enhancing drugs, according to McNamee's lawyers.
"This is evidence the government has that we believe will corroborate Brian in every significant way," said McNamee lawyer Earl Ward.
McNamee's attorneys would not discuss the details of the evidence, but according to a source close to the former Yankee strength and conditioning coach, McNamee gave the Justice Department's BALCO investigators vials with traces of steroids and growth hormone, as well as blood-stained syringes and gauze pads that may contain the Rocket's DNA."

Peter here. Check out the Sox/Devils comment...it's located in the comment section of my Wednesday post. I have a couple questions, however. Why would Brian McNamee save such bloody guaze pads and syringes in the first place? Did he do it to save his hide just in case a future inquiry comes to pass. Because it has! I have no clue what his reasons are, but click on the title of this very post to read the entire article. Come to your own conclusions and PLEASE leave me a comment telling me EXACTLY how you feel about this whole matter, with your opinions front and center. I will respond to each and every one...that's a promise. And again, thank you Brittany...I think you should start your own blog, just in time for Spring training and the baseball season of 2008. As Bruce would say, "We're living in the future, none of this has happened yet." But when it DOES happen, it would be great to "read"it through your eyes. If you need help getting started, you could always ask me.

Everyone, have a wonderful Thursday, and please don't forget to click on the title for more on McNamee and Clemens. Again, my thanks go to everyone who left me such great comments after I wrote my Wednesday post. As always, BE WELL. FOREVER. I mean that....every one of you is precious to me. Now go click on that title, and have a tremendous Thursday!

5 Comments:

At 2/07/2008 8:42 AM, Blogger gingerly said...

Hi Peter,

Read about this last night and it sounds really weird to me. How would this implicate Clemens? So there's a vial with HGH and/or steroids. Big deal. How does that tell you it went into Clemens? And as for the bloody gauze, he could have picked it up any time Clemens wiped a bloody sore. I don't see how this tells us anything.

Besides which, as you say, it's totally weird that he saved this stuff (if that's what he did). What is the guy? Mata Hari? I mean, this is strange.

We're entering . . . baseball season soon! Yaaaaaaay!

Keith

 
At 2/07/2008 9:01 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

I know, Keith...it all sounds fishy to me! Why save it is RIGHT!!
Baseball pre-season is closer every day. It'll be great to share your comments as I try not to miss a day of the regular season..this will be the third season in a row that I write about every game, God willing.
Hey, thanks for your comments, and I CAN'T WAIT for opening day! Thanks!!!!!!!!!

 
At 2/07/2008 9:05 AM, Blogger gingerly said...

And I am going to watch every game, so I'll be right there with you, Peter. I am so excited about the new season.
K

 
At 2/07/2008 10:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree man...There is something weird going on here. As I alluded to elsewhere, I'm not sure who I believe at this point. But alas, spring will be here soon...

 
At 2/07/2008 11:08 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

ALAS, it sure will! Thanks Wayne!!

Keith, I'll be writing about all the highs and all the lows. Somtimes it hurts! But I do it anyway! I ALWAYS will.

THANKS guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home