Tuesday, January 01, 2008

HAPPY 2008...Bob Ryan's Take On The State Of Sports Euphoria Here In New England

Well, it's Tuesday morning, January 1st, 2008, and that is actually the first time I've typed 2008, our NEW year. Will the new year hold many surprises for us? Will the Celtics continue to march through their NBA schedule while taking no prisoners? They sure have so far. Will those New England Patriots, the object of both love AND scorn throughout this nation of ours, win three more games and firmly establish themselves as one of, if not THE greatest football teams of all time? I don't know, but I am sure of one thing....January will be a fun month just because of them. And of course there are the Bruins, the also-rans, that team who has so far to go to recapture their "glory days." Bob Ryan, in an article from the Boston Globe last week (last year!), encapsulates all of those teams, including the three teams I call "my own," the Pats, the Celts and, of course, the Sox, OUR Sox. Here's a little bit of that aforementioned article, borrowed from the Boston Globe. Click on the title for the entire piece. Here you go....

"It appears that allowing the Red Sox, Patriots, and Celtics to shower the sports fans of New England with victory after victory - with one championship secured, another very likely to follow, and a third now a reasonable goal - does not spoil any vast eternal plan whatsoever.
The State of Our Teams is embarrassingly good."

Peter here, and I say this. "SHOWER AWAY!" The entire article, which includes each team and their 2007 fortunes or MISfortunes, is an entertaining one. I'd love your comments, even though I know that some of you, if not most, will be sleeping late this morning after celebrating the arrival of 2008 with family and/or friends, maybe with a cold one or other type of adult beverage. It's ridiculously early right now anyways, with the arrival of dawn's first light not expected for more than 40 minutes. But this is the most peaceful time of the day for me, the hours between 6am and 7:15am....I always write my morning post and have it up by 7am. So after my breakfast, I sit down at my computer desk, which has a beautiful view out the living room sliding glass door, and gaze at the beautiful trees and green grass in my backyard, which is covered by a mantle of stale looking snow. And then, believe it or not, I write. That little voice in my right (not left!) ear tells me what to type, and I just do it! When or if that voice is silenced, I'd be in trouble, but it's coming in loud and clear, 10 x 10, wall to wall, as the trucker CBers say. And that's good!

Wow, where did I begin? Talk about going off on a tangent! You know me, though. I do that a lot. Oh yes, I remember...Bob Ryan's great Boston Globe piece. Please, my Constant Readers, click on the title of this post for the entire article, and have a wonderful Tuesday, January 1st, 2008. Sounds nice, doesn't it? BE WELL. And have a wonderful year, a year overfilled with happiness and good health, a year when all your loved ones will be as happy as you will be. In short, A YEAR TO REMEMBER.

3 Comments:

At 1/01/2008 7:56 PM, Blogger Royal Rooters said...

Personally, I wouldn't care if the Patriots, Celtics and Bruins finished in last place every year, as long as the Red Sox kept winning championships : )


Ethan Michaels
http://modernrooters.blogspot.com/

 
At 1/01/2008 10:32 PM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

Why are The Bruins so bad?

 
At 1/02/2008 6:19 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Ethan. I was a huge Celtics fan back when they and the Lakers were the best.
Mike, I've never been a hockey fan....I don't even know what the Bruins' record is....I rooted for the Whalers because they were from Hartford.
I hope your New years was great...back to reality!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home