Saturday, December 15, 2007

The Reason Why I Do This...Thanks Keith!

It's Saturday morning, a day that will be known as the calm before the storm. There's a Nor'easter heading our way, but right now it looks like the track of the storm will be too far inland to lock in the cold air and give us an out and out blizzard. So this is what the forecast looks like for inland north central Connecticut.....snow will start in the wee hours of Sunday morning and quickly change to sleet, freezing rain, and eventually ALL rain. A close call, but it looks like strike three for the snowlovers...me included.

I wanted to share an email I received yesterday from a reader known as Keith. Keith, YOU MADE MY DAY!! Here it is.....

"Peter,
I, for one, love to read your blog. So don't think nobody's out here
just because it's the off season.And isn't it great not to see Varitek on that list? And shocking not to see A-Rod on it? I mean, come on.
I'm embarrassed to say this, but I'm 59 and didn't discover baseball until shortly before last season. I'd watched the World Series the year before, for some weird reason, when the Cardinals won, and I found that I loved it. It totally threw me since I'd never paid attention to baseball in my life.
When last season started, I had to pick a team and quickly settled on the Red Sox. I just loved every one of them (well, okay, not Drew). Being on disability, I was able to watch every Red Sox game this year. Seeing the whole thing floored me. Pedroia coming from nothing to killer ball-player, watching Youk in those dynamic early months, seeing Lowell come through steadily again and again (except for that short, dry spell), watching that wonderful night of four home runs in a row, seeing Ellsbury hop in with his engine running full-out, watching Buchholz pitch the no-hitter, watching Manny come back in the late part of the season, and seeing Papi really pull it together at the end, and then having them go all the way to the World Series and win it! I was on the floor, literally. Best year of my life, and I cannot wait for the new season to begin. (The only thing I'd change is please give us more drama in the final games. It was far too quick).
Having a site like yours to visit, on and off season, is just great. So thanks from me for all you do."

Keith

Peter here. Keith, thank you for your kind words and thoughts. And watch out! The Red Sox quickly grow on you until curiosity turns into a genuine love not only for the game of baseball itself, but for that team from Boston who plays in a little bandbox called Fenway Park, Boston, Mass. Red Sox Nation, Red Sox International. USA. A letter like yours makes writing every word worthwhile, and I wish you and yours a happy and healthy holiday season. Forever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home