Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The Pot Calling The Kettle Black?

In a rare interview in which he doesn't focus ENTIRELY on himself, Pete Rose, banished from the Hall of Fame, has come down, and come down hard on those major leaguers who allegedly have taken streoids or HGH. Here is a bit of what the two-faced liar (my true feelings about the man) had to say....

"I never thought anybody would make me look like an altar boy," Rose said.
"I've been suspended 18 years for betting on my own team to win," he added. "I was wrong ... but these guys today, if the allegations are true, they're making a mockery of the game."
Rose was banished from baseball for life in 1989 for betting on games while he was manager of the Cincinnati Reds, his former team. He denied the gambling allegations until 2004, when he came clean in his autobiography. He is not eligible for the Hall of Fame.
"If you're going to put these guys that supposedly did steroids into the Hall of Fame, I mean, I've got to have a shot at it someday."

Peter here, and hey Pete, just seeing your name and the two words "altar boy" in the SAME SENTENCE is revolting, so don't flatter yourself. You are permanently tarnished. You gambled on baseball while managing a big league team, and some of your bets were on the game your team was playing that day! How low can someone go? You set the bar, my friend, and now you're paying for it. Bart Giamotti was exactly right when he doled out your punishment....who knows, maybe someday you'll be elected via the old-timer's route....voted in after your death. Don't get me wrong. I hope you have many, many years left on this planet, but while you're still breathing and alive, I feel it would be so wrong for you to be able to enjoy an induction ceremony. As the saying goes, "you play, you pay." Boy, did you play! WITH THE RULES, and everything sacred in the game I love, the game of baseball.

Everyone, my Constant Readers all, enjoy your Wednesday hump day as we slide towards that magic four day Christmas weekend. That's right....Saturday, Sunday, Monday AND Tuesday...all reserved for last minute gift purchases, eating, watching sports, eating and being with your families and loved ones. Oh, did I mention eating?? Seriously, I wish every one of you the best, and I'll be back tomorrow. The Red Sox news has been slim, but I'll always find something to write about. It's my nature. Thank you for your recent comments, and keep 'em coming! Be well, be safe and be happy. Forever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home