Sunday, December 09, 2007

Gags Going? Bedard Coming? Tick, Tick, Tick...

Eric Gagne and the Milwaukee Brewers have been cooking up a possible deal...he wants to be a closer again, and the Brewers need one. May I say in all seriousness to the Milwaukee club, "Good luck!" PLEASE!! TAKE HIM! Nervousness and genuine excitement is guaranteed in your upcoming ninth innings.

And the Red Sox, our Red Sox, are more than interested in Baltimore lefthanded starter supreme Eric Bedard. When he pitched against us last year, I was fascinated with his talent, his control, and just about everything about him. His past has been a checkered one, with Tommy John surgery, but it seems that he has bounced back quite nicely. His ERA last year was a wonderful 3.16, and that's in a hitter's ballpark, whatever THAT is. Good defense turns a hitter's ballpark into a pitcher's playground, and the 2008 world champion (I have to type those two words as often as I can) Boston Red Sox will have a great defense. Bedard also averaged 10.93 strikeouts per nine innings. He is deceptive and cunning, and if the Sox pull the trigger, our rotation, which is bulging already, will be far greater. Also, I've learned through Ethan's ROYAL ROOTERS blog, a new addition on my link list, and a fine baseball blog, that Santana and the Red Sox are still talking, even though the winter meetings in Nashville have finished. I guess the Twinkies don't want to be stuck with zero when he becomes a free agent. And I hope the Sox DO NOT GIVE UP ELLSBURY, because Coco and his agent have stressed ONE thing. And that is this...Coco does NOT want to be a fourth outfielder, looking over his shoulder at young Jacoby, future phenom. Who can blame him? Can you say "bye bye," Coco?

Oh, one more thing. I watched the MLB 2007 World Series DVD, and I was floored. From a technical standpoint, the widescreen video presentation was absolutely STUNNING, with crispness and vibrant images and detail abounding. And this is a standard, not a Hi-Def DVD. Wow! The audio quality was also remarkable, with discrete channel seperation enveloping me IN everything! Also, Matt Damon did a fantastic narration job. I only wish it was longer...the running time listed on the DVD box said plus or minus two hours, with extras, and plenty of them. But the running time of the feature itself is approximately one hour and fifteen minutes. But that's one plus hours of sheer pleasure, and I haven't even had a chance to watch the extras. Today sounds good to me! I can't wait for the NESN presentation of the 2007 Red Sox season, due in the mail in about a week or so. Go back a couple posts and there will be a link with all the information I have about it, and all you'll ever need until it arrives in your mailbox. I know it will be wonderfully enjoyable, and I will review it....right here!

Hey, have a great Sunday, and click on the title for the entire Boston Herald article with all the latest news about the quest for Bedard. Be safe, be well, and be happy. For me. Forever.

4 Comments:

At 12/09/2007 9:24 AM, Blogger Charles L. Wallace said...

You'll likely need a third team to get involved, in order to pry Bedard away from the Orioles. Angelos hates trading with the teams in front of him. Anyway, Bedard is kinda quiet/introverted. Are ya SURE he'd do well in the Fens? His personality has me doubting he would succeed in the Stadium. I am happy with the Yanks going with the Three Amigos. For Boston, I'd recommend Haren over Santana [if all things were equal; I realise they are not].

 
At 12/09/2007 10:04 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Charles, thank you for the comment...

 
At 12/10/2007 6:37 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Hey, and thanks for reading. Keep it up! Just kidding, but I thank you for being a regular reader.
Have a great Monday!!

 
At 12/11/2007 1:23 PM, Blogger Charles L. Wallace said...

You're welcome, my friend :-)
Happy Tuesday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home