Thursday, December 27, 2007

Fairfield, Connecticut Concerns.....

Jessica, a visitor and reader of my blog, is a Boston Red Sox fan. She lives in Fairfield county, which is in the southwest portion of my state, Connecticut. The cable companies have to play by the MLB rules, and YES, the Yankee network, is the only baseball-team related signal that they're allowed to carry. NO NESN! I'll repeat that. NO NESN!!!!!!! And that's a shame. I have other blog friends, one who STILL lives in that blacked-out county (Reb) and one who has recently moved to a NESN happiness zone (Jere). I'd like to give you the link that Jessica, just now, gave me. Sign the petition if you can, while thinking about all those loyal fans, members of our Red Sox Nation, who are shut out of the every game coverage of the best team in baseball. That's what NESN does, to our delight. JUST CLICK ON THE TITLE OF THIS POST, and you'll be directed to the petition site.

Thank you Jessica, and don't forget to click on this post's title, my Constant Readers!! And thank you.

17 Comments:

At 12/27/2007 11:09 AM, Blogger Josh Johnson said...

Hey Peter, good stuff. I added you to my blog roll.

 
At 12/27/2007 11:10 AM, Blogger Jess said...

Peter, thank you so much for all of your support!

You pitch the true spirit of Red Sox Nation in every excellent blog you post (and as an editor I'd say that I have a pretty good eye for intelligent writing).

Thank you in advance to everyone who signs this petition! You are friends, indeed, to fans in need.

Jessica

 
At 12/27/2007 12:19 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Thank you Josh! And Jessica, I know that if I was in your county, I'd be doing the same exact thing!

 
At 12/27/2007 12:21 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

And Josh, I'm just adding you right now!

 
At 12/27/2007 12:26 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

And Josh, your blog is on my link list! Sign the petition, my friends!!

 
At 12/27/2007 12:30 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

And Josh, I left you a comment on your blog...asking you to correct the name of my blog link on your blog roll. "Forever," not fever. Thanks!!!

 
At 12/27/2007 1:17 PM, Blogger Josh Johnson said...

Yeah, I switched it. My mistake.

Have a great day.

 
At 12/27/2007 1:31 PM, Blogger Nadi-uhhh P-er said...

Good after noon/morning to all the readers of this wonderful blog, a perfect Thursday here, snowy with a slight chance of icy winds in the later part of the day, an
"el-perfecto" day for getting a very unwelcome cold. Wishing you a joyful week such as mine!
Nodds.

 
At 12/27/2007 1:55 PM, Blogger Nadi-uhhh P-er said...

THank you Petes for posting that poem :)
Nodds

 
At 12/27/2007 3:03 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Thanks, Josh. And Nadi-uhhh, you're welcome! I hope your cold gets better.

 
At 12/27/2007 3:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12/27/2007 4:38 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

The preceding message was spam, so I deleted. Its name was ADAM BROWN. And no, it wasn't you, Nodds.

 
At 12/27/2007 8:04 PM, Blogger Royal Rooters said...

There are plenty of Red Sox fans in the Albany and Northeastern NY areas who don't get any NESN either. It's a SHAME! Although, at least they get Yankees games, so they can follow the division race. And the YES announcers talk about the Red Sox all the time.

Ethan Michaels
http://modernrooters.blogspot.com/

 
At 12/28/2007 3:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12/28/2007 6:11 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Another spam!

 
At 12/28/2007 6:13 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 12/28/2007 7:08 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

A repeat of a bad spelling comment.....

Ethan, I'm aware of those concerns. But Fairfield CT is so close to Boston, but not as close as it is to NYC...FC is called by some a suburb of the Big Apple. We are lucky to get NESN and YES in standard and hi-def feeds here in north central Ct.....phew!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home