Friday, December 21, 2007

BOSS, The Bulldog, And What He Thought Was A Rawhide Chew Toy!

Jonathon Papelbon, the Boston Red Sox closer supreme, has a bulldog, a cute one, and his name is "Boss." I hope he wasn't named after George Steinbrenner, and I KNOW he wasn't named after the real BOSS, Bruce Springsteen. So he's just.....well, he's just Boss! And that World Series baseball we last saw in Jason Varitek's right hand as he was stuffing it into his right rear pocket on his way to the mound to congratulate the jubilent and somewhat crazy Paps after the final World Series out, well, that's a thing of the past, a victim of Boss's teeth and salivary glands. I sure hope he enjoyed it! His Dad had this to say....

"He plays with baseballs like they are his toys," Papelbon told the Hattiesburg (Miss.) American. "He jumped up one day on the counter and snatched it. He likes rawhide. He tore that thing to pieces. Nobody knows that. I’ll keep what’s left of it."

Peter here, and Boss, your Dad likes to play with rawhide baseballs, too. He throws them really fast, zipping them by dumbfounded batters who are as helpless as a fly on a piece of flypaper. So you took a page right out of Dad's book! Well, you know what they say! Bark, bark, bark woof. No, wait a second, in English that translates to "like father, like son." Have a long life, Boss, and make sure your Dad stays out of trouble. You see, much like you, we love him. SO MUCH.

Thanks for stopping in again, my Constant Readers. I can honestly say that the preceding mirthful words were the first ever here on my blog that I directed to a canine. But as most of you know, I'm an animal lover, and cats and dogs gravitate towards me. I guess I'm lucky. I KNOW I am. We were ALL put here on this wonderful Earth for a reason, four legs or two. And that makes me SO happy.
Click on the title of this post for a Dan Shaughnessy article from the Boston Globe, from Wednesday. Enjoy your Friday, and have a wonderful weekend, a holiday weekend. Stay well, be safe....and don't forget....I care. Forever.

3 Comments:

At 12/21/2007 9:49 AM, Blogger Soxy Lady said...

Hey Peter!
Papelbon's dog is actually a Boston Terrier, not a Bulldog. And his name is "Boston" - nickname "Boss"

We bring our dog (also a Boston Terrier) to the same pet center which is how I know :o)

Curious where you got your information, I'm dying to see a picture of him online somewhere.

 
At 12/21/2007 9:58 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

i Soxy lady...happy holidays to you and yours. Here's the link to the Boss article...no pic, though, but I KNOW I saw a picture of a bulldog. It doesn't matter...I LOVE all of our four legged friends. Here's the link...you'll have to copy and paste. Thanks for being here! Peter

http://www.the-dispatch.com/article/20071221/APS/712210580&cachetime=5

 
At 12/21/2007 10:13 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Soxy, check your gmail email!! That's the only pic I could find.....or maybe it's just a doggie in a Paps' shirt. But it WAS the one in the Globe (Herald?).
Have a wonderful Christmas and a healthy and happy New Year. To you and yours...let me know if it worked on the gmail email. Peter

 

Post a Comment

<< Home