Friday, November 30, 2007

Jon Lester Speaks! And We Listen.....

While in town for a routine regular medical checkup, Jon Lester, who might be on his way to Minnesota in the possible Santana trade, had this to say....

"Until [general manager Theo Epstein] calls me, I don't worry about it," Lester said Wednesday. "If it happens, it's something I will have to deal with at that point. Most of the time, it's just speculation.
"Dan Haren and Johan Santana, that's not bad. Those are two great pitchers to have your name involved with in a trade, but I want to be here for a long time and win more World Series."

That quote was borrowed from the Hartford Courant. My thanks to them. As long as Santana does not go to the Yankees, the world champion Boston Red Sox will be just fine, with their current rotation or a new one that would include one of the best lefties in the game today. They say most lefties have trouble against righthanded batters at Fenway, with the Green Wall looming and leering over their right shoulder, daring you to put the ball over the plate, fat and ripe. But Johan Santana, much like Bruce Hurst, who was the best lefty I ever saw pitch at Fenway, has the guile, the guts and the stuff to overcome a silly wive's tale such as that. First things first, though. And that's what next week's winter meetings are all about. Hopes, dreams, nervous conjecture and the many "what if's." That's the winter meetings in a nutshell.

Click on the title of this post for the latest Red Sox stuff, from the great Amalie Benjamin of the Boston Globe. Have a wonderful last day of November (hard to believe!), and just be well.

3 Comments:

At 11/30/2007 7:16 AM, Blogger Zafty said...

Maybe it wasn't intentional, but you seem to have borrowed the title of a post on "Surviving Grady" from this week.

http://www.survivinggrady.com/2007/11/ortiz-speaks-we-listen.html

 
At 11/30/2007 7:43 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Hello to you, truth! I haven't been to SG in at least a week...sometimes the comments are cruel there. So it wasn't intentional, I assure you. Have a wonderful weekend. And the "borrowed" in italics seem to say you think otherwise. I'm sorry you think so...I've been writing about the Sox, my Sox, for over three years on this blog, without missing a day. Thanks for the heads up...how do you know they didn't "borrow" it from me? Never rush to judgement.....Peter P.S. I don't think anyone borrowed it from ANYONE!

 
At 11/30/2007 7:49 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

And I did follow your link, and I don't see anything "borrowed" from anyone. We're all Sox fans, and I've never really understood why we can't all get along. If you feel foolish about your comment, maybe you should. But I thank you for reading, and I hope you come back, as I do for all the Surviving Grady readers.......Peter

 

Post a Comment

<< Home