Sunday, September 09, 2007

NO DICE! Again......

Yes, again. Daisuke Matsuzaka, relying almost exclusively on his fastball and slider instead of his dazzling off speed stuff, was battered and bruised in his 2 2/3 (!!) innings of work. It was not a pretty sight, and I turned the game off after the disastrous third inning. With only three weeks to go before the postseason, he has his work cut out for him.

This will be an abbreviated post because I only saw a third of the game, but I linked an article from the Boston Herald written by Steve Buckley. It's title says it all. "Matsuzaka may be pitching his way out of the postseason." I hope not, for his sake and for the sake of the team. The Yankees are lurking 5 1/2 games back. We need to win today, and we've got our best pitcher out there to do the job. Go Josh. Go Red Sox. Enjoy your Sunday everyone!

4 Comments:

At 9/09/2007 9:46 AM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

Pitching with NOTHING in the tank

 
At 9/09/2007 9:50 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Fumes, just fumes...and I was fuming! Hey Mikey!

 
At 9/09/2007 10:30 AM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

Peter?

I was at the Last Spring Training Game, in Philly, with The Dice Man;

He pitched like this;

I had BAD Vibes then.

 
At 9/09/2007 11:06 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

We just have to HOPE.......

 

Post a Comment

<< Home