Tuesday, June 26, 2007

A Tough One For Tavy

I have to be honest with you........I was unable to watch the game last night. Those 10pm starts are killer for me. Maybe it was just as well, because Julian Tavarez had a rough night, and the 'pen was woeful, too. Five runs in the fifth inning put the Red Sox in a hole they just couldn't climb out of, and after Timlin gave up three more runs in the seventh inning, the sound of televisions being turned off echoed all throughout New England. Eerie and mournful sounds of defeat. It'll be nice to get back to Boston on Thursday. So very nice.
But the Sox are in good shape, even though Curt Schilling is peeved at young Theo for being held out for so long. I agree with Epstein, though. I think the rest will do the old man some good. But I DO hope he comes back before the All Star break. Well before. And the rumors about Mark Buehrle continue to swirl throughout Boston and Chicago. But those rumors indicate that there will be no deal. I linked a Boston Globe article that goes into the specifics, and updates us on the fortunes of Jon Lester, too.
Tonight it will be fresh from the minors Kason Gabbard facing the Mariners' Hernandez. Let's start another winning streak. PRONTO. Click on the title of this post for more on the late night goings-on in Seattle.

Congrats go out to first baseman Kevin Youkis. This is from the Herald of Boston.......

"With his 120th consecutive errorless game at first base, Kevin Youkilis [stats] broke Stuffy McInnis’ Red Sox record set in 1921."

Way to go, Mr. All Star to be. 120 straight games handling the ball dozens of times each and every game. THAT'S AMAZING! YOUK!!!!!!

8 Comments:

At 6/26/2007 7:05 AM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

Youk=Gold Glove

 
At 6/26/2007 7:09 AM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

Gabbard pitched into the 6th in Fenway:

Being there on May 20th, in a Party Atmosphere, such as Fenway is, The Ovation was wild;

Great Choice for a call up;

Mike

 
At 6/26/2007 9:59 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

YOUKKKKKKKKK! Thanks Michael! And I agree with the choice of KB.

 
At 6/26/2007 1:09 PM, Blogger Suldog said...

I love it when the Sox are on the left coast, myself. I enjoy going to bed with the radio on, listening to the game as I drift off, Reminds me somewhat of my childhood, I guess.

 
At 6/26/2007 1:41 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Hello Sul! I am just as excited abut those 10PM starts, but then, then....I fall asleep. EVERY TIME!!!! Lucky you! Thanks for reading, too. Always!

 
At 6/26/2007 7:12 PM, Blogger JaySpay said...

If Youk isn't an all star it's a joke. Also, Darkman !!!

 
At 6/27/2007 7:34 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Jay, the odds are against them, as you know, for two reasons. First of all, it's great that you're an everyday reader and commenter...it means a lot to me because we go back so far, functioning fossils. For Youk, who far and away is the best first baseman in the AL, Papi is listed on the All Star ballot at that position. And Hideki Okijima's All Star chances are complicated by his role. He's not a starter, not a closer. But where would we be without our DARKMAN?? Not in first place and 20 games over .500, that's for sure.
Hi to Michael and Sul as well. You're the best, and starting at 4:30 this Wednesday afternoon, I demand, which means I'd love to see, the Sox win and wing it home. Safely..........

 
At 6/27/2007 7:21 PM, Blogger JaySpay said...

Pete, Youk as a reserve is what I mean

 

Post a Comment

<< Home