Monday, June 11, 2007

The Sopanos....Or As America Said Last Night, As One..."What The F**k??"

First of all, I'm sorry for the implied "bad" word, but that's how I felt. At the time I watched, which was this very Monday morning between 7:30am and 8:30am, and that's called time shifting, I was confused. I still am! To say anything more? Well, I'm not going to! Not now. And I'm sure that there are so many of you who have followed THE SOPRANOS these past 8 plus years....so I won't ruin everything, or anything, about last night's finale, the forever finale. I'll just wait until mid-week. But even then, what could I say?

Click on the title of this very post for a great article about what happened, or what probably DIDN'T happen. ONLY if you've seen it. If your viewing is or will be delayed by hours or days, come back and THEN click on it, because it gives you a sense of what last night was all about. Or not! But don't ruin anything...watch the show first! For me!!!!!!!

And stay tuned for the Jay T memories of the Red Sox Impossible Dream 1967 season...first thing tomorrow morning. Any thoughts about the last episode of the show that provided "water cooler fun " for so many years?? I'd love to read and respond. And thanks for reading!!!!!!

14 Comments:

At 6/11/2007 10:48 AM, Blogger Ian said...

After watching it, I kinda said the samething. But after reading about the reasoning as to why that happened, it made total sense to me.

 
At 6/11/2007 11:41 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

We came to the same realization....and after avoiding all incoming media from 6am to 7:30am, and that was so tough, I said to myself that I should watch it. Right then. I missed it last night. So, I did! Now I miss it!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks as always for your comments, and your blog. Peter....no bang bang, you're dead. And that's a good thing, until.......well, the maybe movie. Have a wonderful Monday, I.

 
At 6/11/2007 1:23 PM, Blogger Bosox Fan in Wichita said...

Yeah, I was kinda stunned by the way it ended, but it was also kinda funny. It wrapped up what was going on lately, but didn't go overboard with some sensational B.S. Like the reviewer said, the characters "go on as usual. We just won't be able to watch." Or will we? It seems like the perfect setup for a movie (or more). Who thought that when Luke, Hans, Chewbacca, et al got their medals from the Princess, that that would be the end of story?

 
At 6/11/2007 1:30 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

BFW, I know...and thanks.....the sun finally came out here, ala George Harrison!

 
At 6/11/2007 2:34 PM, Blogger Bosox Fan in Wichita said...

Start singing "Quando para mucho" and you can be the Sun King, ala John Lennon!

 
At 6/11/2007 4:56 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

I think he....(John).....would have loved the show.....it's all over now, Baby Blue, as the song goes! 1967 memories tomorrow morning.....

 
At 6/11/2007 7:31 PM, Blogger Jess said...

Sadly, I'll have to wait for Netflix to update it's collection before I'll be able to chime in on this discussion, but hey, wanted to say hi, if nothing else.

So, hi! Hope you're well.

 
At 6/11/2007 7:50 PM, Blogger lauren said...

Ah, The Sopranos. I said the same thing. As did my dad. But at least they ended it with some solid Journey. Journey can make anything alright.

 
At 6/11/2007 9:16 PM, Blogger Middle Relief said...

Anyone who is familar with any of David Chase"s material was not surprised. It was a superb ending.

I know I"m in the minority on this one, but it was fitting. When the DVD of this is released, if mentions that in the special features sections it contains the other 5 endings, it will be the highest grossing DVD of all time.

Even though the Sopranos ended well, it will pale into comparison on how the MLB season will end.

Yanks are surging!!!!!!!!!

 
At 6/12/2007 6:36 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

And a long strange trip it was, a magical mystery tour right up until the end......or was it? I'd be shocked.......movie is written all over everything........the show was wonderful and memory-making! Thank you Mr. Chase.

 
At 6/12/2007 6:40 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

And MR, I'm waiting until the rival companies get their acts together and decide on one hi-def format......then I'm in! And "The Soprano's---From Start To Finish" will be my first purchase. And the show has looked pretty darn good on HBOHD!

 
At 6/12/2007 6:42 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

MR, I read what you said about the Yankees......I just didn't want to comment, except maybe that the Pirates are closer to a Triple A team than anything else. But they're playing great ball, and the pitching is getting better. Enjoy!!

 
At 6/13/2007 9:51 AM, Blogger Sam said...

lol I thought my cable went out to be honest !

 
At 6/13/2007 10:58 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Samantha, so many of us did, and then silently the black backgrounded credits rolled up the screen, and the sense of "it's over" started to sink in. I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home