Wednesday, June 20, 2007

RSN Japan....The Latest! THE DARKMAN....And Me!

This is from my fellow blogger, and he's from Japan. His name is Superbowl-san, and he is a good friend of mine. Here's his message.....
****************************
Peter-san....This is SuperBowl...
It's long time no mail and good to sweep GIANTS and Bonds.
A bit of good news from Japan.
"BOSTON REDSOX" is ranked as 4th hit product in the first half of this
year by Nikkei MJ
(It's not a Sports magazine)....but just a Japanese Wall Street Journal.
Go SOX !!
SuperBowl
*****************************
Superbowl-san, THANK YOU! You make us all happy, all of us who live in the northeastern United States, Red Sox Nation. Superbowl, be well, be healthy, and thank you so much!
The link to Superbowl's blog is right here...just click on the title, and look at the VERY top...the banner! His blog is on my link list, too. He speaks for so many Red Sox fans on the other side of the world. FOR US TOO!!!! And I love him, and every one of his Red Sox fan friends. You see, we're ALL the same...we're all brothers and sisters!
And check out the banner on Superbowl's blog....the Darkman, our Darkman, on a Coca-Cola can. We love Hideki Okajima, and our friends from Japan love him. What could be better? Superbowl-san...thank you! Your friend. Peter-san. Always and forever. I thank you!

6 Comments:

At 6/20/2007 1:05 PM, Blogger Bosox Fan in Wichita said...

I like the Darkman Coca-Cola can; that's very cool! That's amazing the impact that our team is having on the fans of Japan. Isn't it great how the Red Sox Nation has spread to Red Sox International?
I just love it when the team goes on the road and so many Sox fans show up ... even at National League parks.
I hope Leyland selects Darkman for the All-Star staff. He's the best surprise of the AL this year and he deserves it.

 
At 6/20/2007 4:36 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

I think he should be a lock! And my Darkman nickname, I think, has caught on! Across this small globe of ours...thanks!!!!

 
At 6/20/2007 10:20 PM, Blogger VTek said...

That takes the cake (way to go)!

 
At 6/21/2007 7:02 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

BFW, I know. The impact that our Red Sox have had in Japan is heartwarming to me. The Oki/ Darkman nickname was completely mine, and to hear that that's what he's called half a world away....wow....I can't put that feeling into words. Baffling! I'm so happy....and Ian of Sox & Dawgs (his link is on your right, on the link list) brought the Darkman into a visual experience. I so hope, with the help of Edes, who has mentioned the nic in a Globe Red Sox Notebook piece, and Silverman of the Herald, who has also mentioned the Darkman nic as he asked his readers to suggest a nic, that Darkman might catch on. My goodness, I bet he didn't expect many suggestions from Japan, Darkman suggestions. Well, he got 'em! But for now, The Darkman Lives in Japan. We have to catch up! Thank you for always being here. And Carol is another everyday morning reader. And I thank her, too. You make me smile!!!!!! THE DARKMAN LIVES!

 
At 6/21/2007 9:40 AM, Blogger VTek said...

Peter - That settles it! You have to fly out to Japan for a guest appearance LOL

 
At 6/22/2007 8:04 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Carol, it's me on Friday the 22nd........and I ask again, do you speak Japanese?
Just kidding! Have a wonderful weekend, you and yours. So cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home