Sunday, June 24, 2007

Human Buzz Saw

Once in a while during the long baseball season, the Boston Red Sox come across a pitcher that they have no chance to beat. A human buzz saw. Last night his name was Chris Young, a 6 foot 10 inch pitcher for the San Diego Padres who throws lights-out. On Saturday night he limited the Red Sox to only one hit in seven innings, and his San Diego club defeated the Sox 6-1. Wakes kept it close until the 5th and the 6th, but it was too late. Truthfully, there was no way the Padres could have lost this game, and that's because of Young's dominance. Looking on the bright side, and there always is a bright side in MY world, Snyder and Timlin were just fine coming out of the 'pen. And a game like this makes it so easy to "turn the page," and that the Yankees lost a heartbreaker makes it easier still. So we go on. And on. Through the month of October.

Today's late afternoon game has a marquee pitching matchup. It's 10-1 Josh "Baseball" Beckett versus 9-1 Jake Peavy, whose numbers are astounding. San Diego is a darn good club, and taking two of three sure would be sweet. But if it doesn't happen, it's not the end of the world. We'll be going north to Seattle for three, and then, finally, Fenway. Home cooking, the Green Wall, family, friends and loved ones. And the fans, those special marvelous Red Sox-mad fans. Won't that be nice?

Click on the title of this post for more on the San Diego dominance that was Saturday. And now we turn the page and look forward to late afternoon Sunday baseball, as only our Sox can do it. Have a wonderful Sunday with YOUR family, friends and loved ones, and as always, thanks for stopping in. I don't know what I'd do without you. I'd probably walk around the house muttering unintelligible words to no one. I'd be, as John Lennon wrote and sang in a song from 1965's Rubber Soul, my favorite Beatles' album, for many reasons, a NOWHERE MAN. That's what he thought of himself then, in 1965, a sell-out pop singer in a wildly popular band. He was wrong. He was the force behind the best band that ever was, or ever WILL be. But I digress...where was I? I know! GO SOX! GO RSN! Go Josh. Take care, my readers. Love ya all!!!!! More than you'll ever know.....

8 Comments:

At 6/24/2007 10:16 AM, Blogger John said...

The Padres are tough, 2 out of 3 would be nice. And a big thank you to the Giants!

 
At 6/24/2007 12:31 PM, Blogger JaySpay said...

Sorry I haven't stopped by...I am the eternal optimist but we might need to ne prepared for more of the same with Peavy. Has the earmarks of another tight low-scoring game.
Go Josh!!

 
At 6/24/2007 10:57 PM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

SORRY I HAVENT COMMENT HERE IN SO LONG!I am having health issues right now.

 
At 6/25/2007 6:42 AM, Blogger VTek said...

KL - Let us see your doctor's note!- LOL

PN - I gave you an honorable (I hope) mention over the weekend!

 
At 6/25/2007 7:12 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

John, I know...the Yanks are not well if they lose 2 of 3 to that uninspired team. I love it!! Jay, Peavs was no match for Josh Baseball. Kaylee, where ya been? I hope you're OK healthwise...you've had more than your fair share of health concerns. I'm praying for you. Everyday. And last and certainly not least, my favorite morning reader Carol. Two words....thank you!

 
At 6/25/2007 4:04 PM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

LOL Carol.I dont have one.

 
At 6/25/2007 4:43 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Hi Kaylee....it's me...be well!!!! And hi to Carol, too

 
At 6/26/2007 10:08 PM, Blogger VTek said...

Make that a late-night reader tonight, Peter (say that 3 times fast) :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home