Monday, June 04, 2007

Bullpen Contributes To Sox Loss

It was a rare faliure of the Boston Red Sox bullpen that allowed the New York Yankees to score a run in the 8th to tie it and another solo run in the 9th that proved to be the eventual winning run. These teams will end up nearly even in their head to head series, as they always do. The Yankees can hit, and that will prevent many losses for them. And the fastball that Paps threw to AROD was a good one that not many players could have hit out. Said the man himself..........

"You're just trying to survive right there on 0 and 2 against Papelbon. He's got so many different ways to get you out," Rodriguez said . "The last thing I'm thinking right there is hitting a home run. I just want to take that pitch and drive it somewhere hard."

Peter here, and yesterday Paps was throwing the ball well. Some have brought up the fact that Papelbon is not as sharp as he was last lear. Terry Francona confirmed the suspicions I posted earler that the cause is a cutback of his between-starts throwing, and also a less active appearance schedule. Tito said this........

"People say, `What's wrong with Pap?' Pap's not hurt," Francona said. "Pap's locating not quite like he did last year because we've cut back so much on his throwing that, OK, if it costs us a walk, to me the trade-off is incredible. We've really tried to manage those types of things. Sometimes you have to give a little bit."

Peter here, and that's what I thought all along. But it was a great pitch that Rodriguez hit out. He reached out and got it. Was that a game we should have won? Yes, even though Josh Beckett had an off night. But the Yankees will win their share of games this season, and I, for one, am happy NOT to see them until the end of August. Of greater concern right now are the Oakland A's, who we play in a 4 game set starting tonight. It's Tavarez versus the always tough Dan Haren. Late night baseball on the left coast. Enjoy! And click on the title of this post for more on Josh Beckett's night.

9 Comments:

At 6/04/2007 11:59 AM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

Actually, Pap does locate pretty well:

But, for MLB to play on in a Driving rain, will cause these types of bad pitches;

This is also this weather which drives A-Rod this year, especially cold, damp & very-Rainy, especially on Network Games;

Okajima was due to get sloppy, but got out of a jam, which he caused.

 
At 6/04/2007 12:03 PM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

& on Friday Night, he was given 1st Base for being HBP:

Replays only show A-Rod faking it like the Movie Actor he is;

Perhaps, he should get hit in the place where most of his thoughts occur;

Perhaps, a Fastball into his groin should do the trick;

& no blond she male will go near him.

 
At 6/04/2007 12:09 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Verbally Michael, as always! Thanks.....

 
At 6/04/2007 2:39 PM, Blogger Ian said...

I wouldn't have called that a bad pitch. IT was a good pitch that a really good hitter hit out of the park.

9 out of 10 hitters don't hit that ball.

It makes it a tough loss because it was the Yanks. But I liked the fight the Sox showed last night.

 
At 6/04/2007 3:35 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Ian, I have to differ...I NEVER called it a bad pitch...just the opposite! Read again...OK?

 
At 6/04/2007 3:39 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Ian, my exact words are coming up, just in case you're not convinced........I think you were reading someone else!

"And the fastball that Paps threw to AROD was a good one that not many players could have hit out."

Sorry to be direct...but wow.....Peter

 
At 6/04/2007 4:15 PM, Blogger Ian said...

Actually, Pap does locate pretty well:

But, for MLB to play on in a Driving rain, will cause these types of bad pitches;


My response wasn't to what you said Peter. It was a response to the comment above.

Rain or no rain, the job didn't get done. But you know what.

That's the first time all year its happened like that. At two months into the season, if it doesn't happen again, I am sure we all will take it.

 
At 6/04/2007 4:42 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Ian, I understand.....I just took my blood sugar and it was 38...I'm surprised I can write coherently instead of being passed out on the floor..... I treasure our blog friendship, and every day is a battle for me. It sucks....but that's me....may you always be healthy.
OK? Peter..

 
At 6/04/2007 4:43 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

It's so frusrtating for me, but no more "wah-wah-wah's." I'm thankful that you read me everyday. Peter

 

Post a Comment

<< Home