Thursday, May 17, 2007

Rain Forces A Day/Night Doubleheader Thursday

That's right. Two today. In the afternoon battle it will be Mike Moroth versus Julian Tavarez, and in the nightcap Chad Durbin will be pitted against our number one, Curt Schilling. It was also announced that Josh Beckett, said to be healing nicely, will miss his scheduled Friday start. We have to hope that he'll be OK to go Wednesday against the Yankees. That would be great! His replacement Friday? The name that comes up the most is Kason Gabbard. As for Monday's game, it might be Tavarez on 3 days rest, or someone called up from Pawtucket. Maybe Devern Hansack, maybe someone else. The Yankee's rotation has also been altered by rain, and they split their day/night doubleheader yesterday with the White Sox. But in a way, this rain out and subsequent day nighter could help. This is from the Thursday's Herald, and yes, it makes sense....

"The rainout could actually help the Sox, whose three-game winning streak ended with a 7-2 loss on Tuesday. Tavarez, who was originally scheduled to start the first game of a three-game series against the Yankees in New York on Monday, will now have to be pushed back, creating a spot in the rotation for the Yankee Stadium opener.
It’s possible that Josh Beckett [stats], who is being bumped from his scheduled start tomorrow night against Atlanta in order to allow a cut on his right middle finger to heal, could get the nod if the wound has closed up and isn’t in danger of splitting open again.
Last night’s rainout also improves the chances that right fielder J.D. Drew [stats] will not miss any action after suffering a lower back contusion Tuesday when he landed hard on the bullpen wall while leaping for Brandon Inge’s home run."

Peter here. And in Jon Lester news, he has been cleared to start Saturday for Pawtucket in Ottawa. Go Jon....we love you and we cannot wait for you to get back into the rotation.
After the violent line of storms passed through yesterday, cool air has filled in, and the weather for today's games should be fine. But after that, a coastal storm should gum up the works and alter the pitching rotation even more so. We'll have to wait and see. And that's exactly what I'm going to do. So if anything late-breaking occurs, you'll read about it right here. And click on the title of this post for something else Soxy....it's a Globe article about our Red Sox world and the hint of injuries that has cropped up just in the past week.
On a different note, I've been having some problems with my sugar level this week. It happens sometimes with Type One Diabetes, and when it does, it really upsets me. The amount of insulin and the times I take it, with excersise after meals, is not keeping that level where it usually does, in the normal range. And this makes me so sad. I hope it's a temporary 2 or 3 day thing, as it has been in the past, but because of this unpredictability, I haven't been able to stop in and read your wonderful blogs as regularly as I'm used to. And my "blogjog" is one of the favorite parts of my day. So I apologise for the lack of comments, and I hope I can get back to normal starting today (please God). This type of blood sugar fluctuation really upsets me, and I pride myself with keeping my sugar level as close to the normal range as possible...with success. It ain't easy, but I've been doing it. And then there come along a few days like this, and it hurts. So much. Wish me luck.....please. Go Sox...Red Sox Forever.

6 Comments:

At 5/17/2007 11:16 AM, Blogger Suldog said...

Ugh. I have a softball game tonight over in The Fens. It's at 7:45, so I should NOT be able to find a parking space for anything less than $20. *&%$%^%$!

 
At 5/17/2007 12:22 PM, Blogger Ian said...

20 bucks to pay for a spot to play softball. That's ridiculous.

It looks like Beckett is heading to the DL. Hansack more than likely tomorrow and Gabbard on Sunday with Wake going on Monday now.

 
At 5/17/2007 12:32 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

And aren't we still hoping Becks will be able to start Wednesday, his normal turn minus one?
Ian, have you heard something I haven't? And Sul...have a good game....the weather for tonight will be good...after that? Forget it!

 
At 5/17/2007 12:36 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

And yes, I read the Globe piece, and I'm still hoping he'll only miss his one start. If not, the DL is not a certainty, but it would be better to be smart than in a hurry. Ian, it's better to deal with facts rather than conjecture.....just a thought.

 
At 5/17/2007 6:53 PM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

I know how you feel I hate when my blood sugar is low:-)

 
At 5/18/2007 7:01 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Ian, you were right, and I mentioned you in my Friday post. And I know it sucks, Kaylee...and you're far too young to have to worry about it. And I'm sorry....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home