Sunday, May 20, 2007

Will Hideki Okajima Be Known As THE DARKMAN? It's Up TO US!

Hello on this Sunday, and I have a huge favor to ask you. I linked the Boston Herald's Michael Silverman article from today's paper. PLEASE click on the title of this post and scroll to the bottom of page one, continued on page two. His subject? Hideki Okajima, who is right now THE BEST lefthander in MLB. He's another weapon from our Red Sox bullpen. I have called him THE DARKMAN since he said before season's start that he prefers to remain in the shadow of his countrymate and fellow pitcher Daisuke Matsuzaka...a "hero of the dark." And I have been calling him that since my post here dated March 03. THE DARKMAN. He comes out of the bullpen, our wonderful bullpen, and snuffs out all enemy batters. His ERA is less than the price for your newspaper!!!! So please click on the title of this very post and scroll to the bottom. And when you see some of the possible nicknames, you'll realize that THE DARKMAN LIVES!
And if you can, email Michael Silverman of the Boston Herald. HERE IS HIS DIRECT EMAIL ADDY.......... msilverman@bostonherald.com He DID ask for reader's thoughts. Please, help me to make the Darkman nic stick. After all, he has been lights-out, unsolvable and a perfect bullpen mate to Jonathon Papelbon. And it's a whole lot better than the nic "Sorryman." You'll see when you read the article. So click...for me? And I must give thanks to Ian of "Sox and Dawgs", and his blog is linked on my link list. Thanks Ian!! And please mention that you heard THE DARKMAN from me at my blog! Thanks so much.

I'm counting on you....your blog guy Peter, and don't forget. RED SOX FOREVER!

4 Comments:

At 5/20/2007 1:25 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

And please let me know! This could, with your help, make THE DARKMAN live. He DOES live every time he comes out of our bullpen! Thank you so much...Peter

 
At 5/20/2007 6:23 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

I DON'T ASK MUCH OF MY READERS, DO I??? Thanks.

 
At 5/21/2007 10:42 AM, Blogger Bosox Fan in Wichita said...

I sent my vote into the Herald. Darkman Lives!

 
At 5/21/2007 11:13 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

BFW and Carol...thank you so much.....you always make this writer so happy. Readers, follow Carol's and BFW's lead and email Michael Silverman....it will be (I hope) something that we will all be able to share, proudly. And remember, that team we love, our Sox, are still 30-13. So smile, for me.....all smiles, no fighting. And that's just the way this world should be. All smiles! I'm just a blogger with so many great people, great friends, and you all read my words. I am humbled.
You know what? I thank every one of you...and don't forget Ian and HIS blog..it's on my link list under Sox & Dawgs.
So let's let Michael Silverman know what we thing of Hideki, the Darkman, Okajima! Imagine! (a little John Lennon is OK, I hope!) I imagine that every reader here, the ones who stop by every day and read my words, are special, so very special...but I'm the lucky one, just to have you. Each and every one of you. As John Lennon would say, go Red Sox! No..oops, he would say GIVE PEACE A CHANCE, ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE. And he'd say exactly that directly to this troubled world of ours. It's not too late for peace on earth. In our lifetimes!

I have to thank every one of you. I love you......forever.
SO......I am so blessed. Now email Michael Silverman and give the DARKMAN a vote of confidence...for me. I'll sign this Peter N. And I thank you for that huge smile plastered all over my face.
Here's his link...msilverman@bostonherald.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home