Thursday, April 12, 2007

Mets' Fan Falls...My Goodness!

This blub is just for your you, my readers. We have to keep up with the ups and DOWNS (pun intended....read this) of our fellow Yankee-hating fans, Mets lovers...so, believe it or not, here we go......

"Ellen Massey always counted being struck by a baseball or a bat at Shea Stadium among the hazards of being a Mets fan, but she never thought a 300-pound man would come crashing down the stands -- and onto her.
That's what the Manhattan resident, 58, said happened on Monday, Opening Day at Shea.
Shortly after the seventh-inning stretch, she said, a man dressed in a green Army-type jacket tumbled from higher seats and onto her back, knocking the wind out of her and, ultimately, causing serious injury.
"I only know he came flying," Massey, 58, said Wednesday from her bed in Jacobi Medical Center in the Bronx. "I was literally not able to breathe for about half-a-minute or so. The first thing I was aware of was not being able to breathe, and then when I was able to breathe I was aware of the pain in my lower back."
Massey, who is a lawyer, is scheduled for surgery on a vertebra on Friday. After she was injured, she said, she was attended to by two emergency medical technicians who were in the stands watching the game, and then by Shea's own medics, who stabilized her head and neck area and took her to a local hospital."

Peter here, and Ellen, I hope you will be OK. A lawsuit? Thats up to you. I am bound by law not to give my opinion. But, my goodness, be well. And I thought being a Yankee fan was bad for one's health. Heal......and the original article is linked, as always, when you click on the title....let's all hope for Ellen's well-being..........

7 Comments:

At 4/12/2007 10:58 PM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

wow i hope she is okay!

 
At 4/13/2007 1:45 AM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

The Upper Level Slope In Shea Stadium is QUITE-Steep, as I've been known to traverse that part of the ballpark, a now-outmoded stadium design, for lo these many years:

That guy might have been soused to take that kind of plunge, or it might have been too slippery;

I wish Ellen Massey, Esq, all the best in her recovery;

& my latest, very-touching entry about Nuns & Red Sox is up now, as all 4 Nuns were around during the 1918 Series & in very advanced age, were around when "The Idiots" won it in '04.

 
At 4/13/2007 2:09 AM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

I saw her picture inside Shea Stadium & she was sitting in Upper Level, so it's apparent that the guy was soused but got up & walked away:

She got hurt;

Ouch, ouch, Ouch, Triple Damages OUCH!

 
At 4/13/2007 7:06 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

You know the place better than I do. Thats for sure. It's amazing she survived, Michael. Hi Kaylee.

 
At 4/13/2007 2:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My goodness...I wonder what happened to the guy who fell on her???

 
At 4/13/2007 4:02 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

OMG! That's horrible!

 
At 4/13/2007 4:15 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

MCW....I hope he bounced..once. I have no idea. hi Kristin.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home