Thursday, April 12, 2007

HIS Opening Day......

This, from MLB.TV....about tonight's game and Wily Mo Pena.....

"If Thursday's weather forecast of rain and snow proves to be to be wrong, then Red Sox outfielder Wily Mo Pena will play. The contest against the Mariners, scheduled for 4:05 p.m. ET at Fenway Park, is Pena's de facto Opening Day.
The slugging outfielder, aside from three cameo at-bats, has had to watch from the bench as his teammates have played the first eight games of the season.
"I'm excited, but I don't know about the weather," said Pena. "When I start my first game, that's going to be my Opening Day."

Peter here....JD Drew has been one of our batting stars this young season. Wily Mo? We will see him in the outfield positions, all of them, this season. And at the plate, he'll be fine. But defensively, treading the outfield turf of Fenway Park, well, we'll have to see. We have Tim Wakefield going tonight against a Mariner pitcher who cannot match what his teammante Felix Hernandez did last night. And if the weather cooperates, and right now, that's up in the air, we'll all see. As the Sox try to take 2 of 3.The MLB article is linked...just click on the title.
A 4:05 start...trying to beat the upcoming weather. And the bats will have to come alive....bigtime. FAITH.

2 Comments:

At 4/12/2007 8:45 PM, Blogger Ian said...

pics are up finally at my site from opening day.

 
At 4/13/2007 7:07 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

I'll check them out Ian. Thanks. That's Random Thoughts, everyone, in my link list.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home