Monday, April 16, 2007

DUCK THIS!!!!

I'm sorry for the pun, but I just went out, not far, to my surprise, to go to the supermarket. A quick 1 mile drive was impossible. Why? I'm underwater! Or at least the roads surrounding me are. I'm so happy that we never lost power. And my post title?? A little pun. The ducks might be doomed with this much rainfall. But that's not exactly what I meant! The drivers and their cars are not any luckier by any means. So I might be stranded...there are worse things. The freezer is full, as is the fridge. And our Sox? It's still raining here, 112 miles to the south and east of Boston, but nothing like last night. So we wait. And we'll see! Travel here is not recommended...it seems that we had 4 inches of rain last night. With wind. And more on the way.
So go Sox. They will if they can play. Check the radar by clicking on the preceding post's title. You'll see that the radar is filling in over central Connecticut. But Boston? The view to the south, where the rain is coming from, looks better. It's a wait and see situation. Be safe in your travels. Always. I don't want to lose you.
And click on this title's post for the latest story about what's going on. Not the radar this time. Click!

5 Comments:

At 4/16/2007 11:40 AM, Blogger Kristin said...

Whoa...be careful Peter! It sounds like it might be better to be a duck today!

 
At 4/16/2007 11:54 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Kristin! And it looks like, right now shortly before noon my time, that there WILL be a game. I'm still water-surrounded, though. Take care...and thanks! Peter

 
At 4/16/2007 11:54 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

I know how to float! But I don't want to......

 
At 4/16/2007 5:14 PM, Blogger VTek said...

Quack-quack lol

 
At 4/17/2007 7:14 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Now it's Tuesdasy morning, and I'm still surrounded on all sides. One more day at home and I'm floating out of here if I have to!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home