Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Beckett, Bats And 'Pen Dominate Once Again

Josh Beckett's 2007 season is off to a smooth start. The same exact thing is true for his club, the Boston Red Sox. Beckett pitched 6 innings, allowing 6 hits and 1 run with 5 strikeouts. The bullpen was equally as good. The Darkman, Hideki Okajima, pitched a perfect 7th, with 2 strikeouts, needing only 9 pitches. Romero and Snyder were also good in the 8th and 9th, with Snyder giving up the final run. Julio Lugo made two great defensive plays and also collected 2 hits. Papi homered and Manny drove in 2. Patriot's Day was good to that team from Boston. Our team.
The Sox, 7-4 and hot, are in Toronto for the first of 3 Tuesday evening. Tonight's game features Daisuke Matsuzaka versus Gustavo Chacin. Let's get Daisuke some runs this time!
***********************************************************************
In storm news here in Farmington, I am still surrounded by water. The main road is closed, and the various short cuts that I know that allow me to navigate around and away from any traffic obstacles are all blocked off by deep, too deep, puddles of the wet stuff. I have to hope I'll be able to get out tomorrow as the water will hopefully stop rising and start to fall. I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel in terms of food, but I do have a nice turkey sandwich and fixin's for lunch. Dinner? I'll have to improvise. Being a type 1 diabetic means 3 full meals, with protein, a day. A peanut butter sandwich with a big salad might have to do this evening. NO MATTER WHAT, I'm getting out of here tomorrow. Man the topedoes, full speed ahead!
Take care everyone. Make the most of your Tuesday.

16 Comments:

At 4/17/2007 7:42 AM, Blogger Faithy said...

Did you see ua PeterN?? Did you see the most amazing comeback this season. I'm getting that soft orange glow all over.

 
At 4/17/2007 9:02 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

I know Faith...you look great with that "O Glow." And I'm so happy when the O's win. Ya know why? Because I (and we, my readers included, I hope) are lucky enough to see and read your comments. Keep it up, be happy, and soon I'll catch up with RGQ. I haven't read Friday's or Monday's, yet, but as you read in my last post (I hope you did!), I'm still stranded by deep water. No sharks, though! But no sun either. Thanks again, my Baltimore friend. Peter...and if I run out of food, maybe you'll bring me a care package. But I'll be fine, and you live too far!
Go O's...go Sox, and when the two meet, who knows!~ ere will be Kevin, to crack up all up!!Thanks Faithy. I'm in your fan club.....promise. Forever. Peter

 
At 4/17/2007 9:03 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

"There will be Kevin, to crack us all up"....is what I meant. Byeeeee

 
At 4/17/2007 9:16 AM, Blogger VTek said...

Peter - Ask that pizza-wielding fan from yesterday to throw you a slice lol.

 
At 4/17/2007 9:26 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Carol....haha...but I think I'll survive until I take my rowboat out tomorrow...if that's what it takes, I'll do it!. I am optimistic.
Hey, thank you as always for bein' here! Peter

 
At 4/17/2007 10:10 AM, Blogger Collective Thoughts said...

GOOD time to get a boat and go down to the store....DONT worry peter ill grab a GIANT straw and start slurping all the water up.!!!!

 
At 4/17/2007 10:24 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Coll. T...this water is brown...how about a HUGE mop, 40 feet tall...one swipe and I could get outta here! Reminds me of the movie THE AMAZING COLASSAL MAN, or OR woman. I have to be patient until tomorrow. As always, thanks CT. That's Collective Thoughts, by the way. Hey, my readers, she's a great friend, and she might even like our Sox!! Just kidding, Shay..

 
At 4/17/2007 10:35 AM, Blogger John said...

Good luck Peter, hope you made out OK yesterday.

 
At 4/17/2007 11:39 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Thanks John...still a little stranded, but my ark should be ready by tomorrow morning. Come aboard! Hey, thank you. I mean that!

 
At 4/17/2007 12:27 PM, Blogger Bleachers said...

Hang in there Peter! I hope you can get out today...

 
At 4/17/2007 12:41 PM, Blogger Bosox Fan in Wichita said...

Hey Peter, while listing yesterday's highlights, you forgot to mention WMP's assist at 1B. Gotta give him a little deserved credit for a good play in the outfield (as rare as that might be). It probably saved a run & maybe killed a rally.

 
At 4/17/2007 1:48 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

WMP.....with two strikeouts? Maybe, maybe I'm mistaken...but this is coming from a water-logged person. I hope he's learned how to catch the darn baseball......BFW.....no faith until he shows me somethng...anything.

 
At 4/17/2007 1:50 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

And Kristin, I'm waiting for my ride! It's only 3000 miles...I'll be patient. But, but, seiously, I love your comments, west coast Sox fan.

 
At 4/17/2007 2:55 PM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

The Pizza isn't bad at all @ Fenway Park:

Don't toss it at another fan;

If you toss it to Jeter or A-Rod, they might drop it.

 
At 4/17/2007 5:33 PM, Blogger Bosox Fan in Wichita said...

I wasn't talking about WMP's batting - 0 for 3 is just as good as Coco - I just thought it was a good defensive play by fielding a base hit in the outfield and throwing out the batter at first base while holding another runner at third base. I know I enjoyed throwing out runners from the outfield and thought maybe you did, too... at least enough to share a little love, but keep ragging on if you want.

 
At 4/18/2007 2:16 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

I know BFW...it was great to see. I was a little frazzled when leaving the reply to your "on the ball" comment. So thanks...and Michael, an error on pizza slice number one AND number two would be all too possible. I can't wait for Friday, but we have to TBC first.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home