Monday, March 19, 2007

Wah Wah Wah

Read this...about Boomer......from a San Diego source......

PEORIA, Ariz. – "David Wells' life changed two weeks ago when he learned he has Type 2 diabetes, also called adult-onset diabetes.
“Obviously, this is a concern,” the Padres' 43-year-old pitcher said yesterday. “But it's beatable. And I'm going to beat it. It's going to take some lifestyle changes. And I'm already making them."

Peter here. Type 2 diabetes is caused by a neglect of eating correctly and being overweight. Type 1? That's an entirely different story. I know...I inherited it. Genetics from my parents. Thank goodness its onset was only 2 plus years ago for me.
So Boomer, thanks for last year and the courage you showed all of us in coming back from that ugly knee injury. But this? Type 2?? It's your own fault. Get over it! Eat well...and smartly. And NEVER use type 2 diabetes as an excuse for a lackluster 2007. I wish you well. Life style changes? Oh yeah!

I had to say that.........and read the whole darn wah wah article by clicking on this post's title....thanks!

6 Comments:

At 3/19/2007 12:06 PM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 3/19/2007 12:18 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Kaylee, what a great comment, even though you deleted it. Type 2 AND type 1 can be controlled....it's just that type 1 takes more blood sugar readings...at least, for me, every 4 hours. BOO, but I'm good!!!!! and happy! And I bet those RIBS were good! Peter

 
At 3/19/2007 12:21 PM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

Well yeah having it I know that I just said it wrong:)

 
At 3/19/2007 12:23 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

That's OK.......when are you goin' back to Camelback Mountain territory???? Always a fond memory for me...my grandparents, and Big Boy burgers.....and........

 
At 3/19/2007 12:25 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

And Big Boy burgers were the best! Or maybe I was a kid in love with hamburgers. Either way, yum!!

 
At 3/19/2007 12:46 PM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

Thursaday I go back:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home