Saturday, March 24, 2007

Solid Schill

Curt Schilling had another impressive outing yesterday in what was his next to last spring training outing. Read this, from today's Herald. Title click for the entire article, and I'll be back with a comment....

"Yesterday, he went seven innings against the Baltimore Orioles, allowing a pair of runs on six hits. He fanned six and threw a tidy 85 pitches, 60 for strikes.
He dueled with O’s ace Erik Bedard, leaving the game while trailing 2-1 before Kevin Cash’s RBI single in the bottom of the ninth plated Alex Ochoa with the winning run in the 3-2 victory.
“I certainly feel I’m far ahead of where I was last year,” Schilling said. “I feel very good.”
Schilling indicated he liked the look of the team now that Jonathan Papelbon [stats] has moved from starter to closer.
“I’m excited. We’re not out of camp yet . . . but this is a very, very good team,” he said. “I really don’t see a weakness offensively, and with our pitching, we have a chance to be great. We just have to stay healthy.”

Peter here, and I agree. The entire team looks solid, and with a proven legitimate "lights out" closer and with luck staying away from the injury bug that decimated us last year, the sky is the limit for Red Sox '07. Realistically. The season starts one week from Monday. Nine days. Nine days that will literally zoom right by us. All of the starters except for Curt have two starts remaining, with the pitch count goal set around 100 pitches.
I'll be back later on this so sad Saturday. I'm hanging in there, but just by a thread. Last night was tough. This morning I had another crying fit. I can't help it. I miss my boy so much. My whole chest aches with grief, and at times I honestly don't know if I can do this. The answer? I don't know. I really don't. But I have to. Hey, thank you for reading. Always.

6 Comments:

At 3/24/2007 8:23 AM, Blogger Kevin Scalley said...

Peter,

Hang in there!
Red Sox Nation needs you!

FB

 
At 3/24/2007 9:29 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Thank you FB. This is so hard.

 
At 3/24/2007 12:33 PM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

Hang in there Peter.As for schilling I just hope he pitches like that come april:)

 
At 3/24/2007 12:38 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Thanks Kaylee...I'm doing my best...it's tough, but you know me....I'll do my best. I ALWAYS do....and so do you! This hurts tho.
Welcome home, Miss Michelbob!!!!

 
At 3/24/2007 2:41 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

April is just a week away! I hope he pitches JUST like this in mid-October! I promise...he just very well might.

 
At 3/24/2007 6:11 PM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

I know I cant wait:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home