Saturday, March 10, 2007

Roger And The New York Yankees' Desperate Offer

Fenway Blogger, linked on your right under the link list, steered me to this article from SI. Thank you FB! Here's the gist of it, and oh yes, I will be back to comment about this polarizing for us Red Sox fans issue...to Rocket, or not to Rocket. If not...do we risk him going to the hated Steinbrenner troops? Read on.....on this grey but finally above freezing Saturday morning. Click on the entire title for the SI piece, recommended.......

NEW YORK -- "The New York Yankees took advantage of Roger Clemens' attendance at Legends Field on Wednesday to ask Clemens back to the Bronx, SI.com has learned.
However, Clemens' answer to the Yankees didn't exactly clear up the situation. He told Yankees owner George Steinbrenner that he wasn't close to deciding his comeback plans.
A source on another team said Clemens is believed to be seeking between $16-18 million from June 1 on, which would represent a slight raise over the pro-rated $22 million he made in 2006. That figure probably won't scare off the Yankees or Boston Red Sox but might give the Houston Astros pause. Those are the three teams in the Clemens derby.
It is believed Clemens is planning a June return, like last year when he returned for his third season after "retiring.'' He is 38-18 with a 2.40 ERA since he announced his "retirement'' following the 2003 season."

Peter here. A 2.40 ERA! Wow. First of all, to John Henry, money is NO issue. Now ask yourselves....will a healthy, in shape Roger Clemens, no matter what you think of him, help the 2007 Boston Red Sox? There is only ONE answer! YES. All the more because by coming to the Sox in June, the Yankees (now lets all say AWWWW!!) will be denied his low ERA and his wonderful pitching.

So I'm leaving it out there, and waiting for you to put in your two cents, or twenty. Or two thousand. It's up to you. Thanks for being here!

23 Comments:

At 3/10/2007 12:19 PM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

ROGER DO NOT GO TO NEW YORK!!!!!

 
At 3/10/2007 12:57 PM, Blogger Kevin Scalley said...

Peter
I always need your take on things!
Thanks for the plug!

 
At 3/10/2007 1:36 PM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

Roger is a man of many mind games:

He should be given a Colonic to clear his mind

 
At 3/10/2007 1:38 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

De nada!!!! I don't know what I'd do without your blog either!! I just put on the first DVD from the DVD box set of Saturday Night Live 1975...yes, all the best...coming up soon after the Rob Reiner monolog is, is...... Belushi, and Joe Cocker, to bring the smiles that were...gulp....32 years ago!!!!!!! Remember??

 
At 3/10/2007 1:40 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Hi ML!!!! Listening to John Belushi right now...am I lucky, you ignorant slut? P.S. That was Akcroyd in Point-Counterpoint, talking to Jane Curtin. Memories are MADE of this.......I miss them, as they were, so much!!!

 
At 3/10/2007 1:43 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

I miss Gilda, I miss John, I miss youth......so stay well. I did not know how emotonal this would be to watch. I watched it...I lived it! Be safe, be well, be everything...promise? Peter

 
At 3/10/2007 1:44 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Hey, and if my spelling was better, you wouldn't know me! But this does bring back so so many memories. And what's better than that????? I say with an ache in my heart......and a smile on my face.

 
At 3/10/2007 1:46 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

K, yeah! How can we stop him??....FAITH, that's how...!!!!!! And FB and ML, thanks, for everything!

 
At 3/10/2007 1:48 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

And I cannot believe I'm watching and listening to Andy Kaufman, bless his memory, singing "Pop Goes The Weasel.""

 
At 3/10/2007 3:00 PM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

I am watching this game online Leyland and Todd Jones were ejected in the 4th.beckett gave up 5 runs 2 earned in 3.2 innings!

 
At 3/10/2007 3:02 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Kaylee, no! Yes? No! OUCH..I am not watching........thank you for your neverending updates...when are you going to FLA? Feel better, number one1 Peter.... I thought Josh was cured!!!!!!

 
At 3/10/2007 3:06 PM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

They're putting in a Josh Beckett Dartboard in the "Cask 'N Flagon", as we speak

 
At 3/10/2007 3:17 PM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

Apparently not he also hit Sheff and Ordonez(ordonez in the head) then jones went in on DRew which then lead to a benches clearing brael which lead to the ejections!

 
At 3/10/2007 3:18 PM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

I go monday:)

 
At 3/10/2007 5:17 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Safe trip K...and boy, am I glad I wasn't watching.....Sox pulled it out though! Ugly sounding......

 
At 3/10/2007 5:26 PM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

Yes it was a very wild game especially for a spring training game!There may be some Blood between them when they play in the Regular season now:) after this.

 
At 3/10/2007 5:34 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

My roving reporter Kaylee! Have a great trip, and don't forget Michelbob's!!!!!!! Promise???

 
At 3/10/2007 5:39 PM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

Okay I mentioned it to my Cousin already.He lives there and said He loves that place:)I will have fun!

 
At 3/10/2007 5:50 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

WOW! Think of me when they bring you your 1 foot wide (!!!!!!) plate of ribs, and start with the onion rings!
Safe trip K!

 
At 3/10/2007 5:59 PM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

Thanks I will try to have a safe trip:)

 
At 3/10/2007 7:26 PM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

Check out my post today:)it'll be up tmorrow(sunday too)1

 
At 3/11/2007 10:58 PM, Blogger VTek said...

I would be glad to hear that Roger the Rocket was coming back to Fenway! He would be a big improvement over that David Wells (I was not a fan of his)!

 
At 3/12/2007 6:52 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

AMEN......but I liked Boomer!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home