Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Paps' Pleasure Against The Reds

His pleasure? Our pleasure. In a one inning "relief type" role yesterday, he made us smile. Before the disaster that was Craig Hansen. From MLB.com, read this, from Tuesday, about that one inning stint....

"After spending the last few days working on refining some mechanics which had gotten away from him, Red Sox closer Jonathan Papelbon saw some immediate results in mowing down the Reds on Monday.
In one effortless inning, Papelbon retired the Reds 1-2-3, starting things off by blowing a fastball by Ken Griffey Jr. for strike three. He looked like the closer of old yesterday when he came in for one inning in relief of Daisuke Matsuzaka. He fanned Ken Griffey on a fastball down and in, then retired Edwin Encarnacion on a fly to left and got Scott Hatteberg on a grounder to first.
"He had a better arm slot," said manager Terry Francona. "He's got a little work to do, but this was better."
"I'm getting more comfortable," said Papelbon, who was converted from starter to closer late last week. "Now this feels like the same thing I did last year."

Peter here. I feel so much better, and in HIS words, "more comfortable." After all, he's our Paps! One step at a time sounds like a good plan. We all know he'll be fine. And we know Daisuke will be tremendous, too. So no worries here, not in my house. A house that is so much a part of RSN. And a part of you. A Connecticut outpost where the Red Sox reign. OUR RSN. Your RSN. And me......a guy who just loves to write about them. And you reading?? WOW! That makes it all so much better.
THANKS. From my heart............

11 Comments:

At 3/27/2007 1:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Craig Hansen needs to GO TO THE MINORS until he is READY to come up. Period. Otherwise, they'll kill him!

 
At 3/27/2007 2:29 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Hi MCW....and I agree...and thanks for your kind wishes.....Peter

 
At 3/27/2007 2:29 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

No worries here either Peter! At least not until opening day -- which happens to be less than a week away. Woo hoo!

 
At 3/27/2007 3:09 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Kristen, I agree...and just this minute I was reading your blog, and I left a comment.
Readers, Kristen's blog is on your right, on my link list. Drunken Bleachers...click on the link, and scroll to the bottom. Click on blog, and you're there! I promise.
Thanks K!! P.

 
At 3/27/2007 3:09 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

I meant Kristin...I'm sorry.

 
At 3/27/2007 8:39 PM, Blogger laura said...

Haha, the disaster that was Craig Hansen. I keep thinking he will be really good one day...apparently he needs a little more time!

 
At 3/27/2007 11:17 PM, Blogger Katiee said...

Paps did great and I got home just in time to see him pitch I was pretty excited. But then Hansen came in and i fell asleep somwhere right after the 3rd run I think.
I had 2 seperate conversations today with 2 different people about how terrible Hansen did and the convos were within like 5 minutes of eachother.
I feel kinda bad for him

 
At 3/27/2007 11:43 PM, Blogger San Francisco Red Sox Fan said...

Hi Peter,

I got your comment on my blog. I tried to email you but my email is a bit funky. I linked your site to mine. Click on my name and it will lead you to it!

Thanks

 
At 3/28/2007 4:09 AM, Blogger Coral said...

Hansen got sent to the minors today didn't he?

 
At 3/28/2007 6:33 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Yes he did, Coral. Delcarmen too.

 
At 3/28/2007 6:34 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Thanks SF.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home