Friday, February 09, 2007

Thank you WMP..And The Blogger We Know As Trot 7....

" Red Sox Slugger Wily Mo Pena on Base for Joslin Diabetes Center"....read this, please!!!

BOSTON, Jan. 17 (AScribe Newswire) -- "Boston Red Sox Wily Mo Pena is teaming up with Joslin Diabetes Center's Latino Diabetes Initiative for the Beisbol y Salud Diabetes Awareness Project. Pena will host this program in the Dominican Republic on Jan. 20-21 and in Boston this spring to raise diabetes awareness in the Latino population. Several other Major League Baseball players will join Pena in the Dominican Republic for the project, which includes a softball game that is sure to be a highlight of the event. The two-day program is being coordinated by Wily Mo Pena's newly formed MoPeace Foundation, which aims to give back to those in need. This particular project will focus on the Latino community, which is at an increased risk of developing type 2 diabetes.".....
"Combating diabetes is a cause close to my heart and to my family's because so many of us have been touched negatively by this horrible disease," said Wily Mo Pena. "Any strength we can lend to the fight is our privilege, and we are honored to work with Joslin Diabetes Center."

Peter here, and OH YES, I have to say some things!
Trot 7...thank you so much. I WISH I had type 2 Diabetes...I have type one. But what you wrote, and what I replied to, is special !!! So special. You made me see a different side of WMP. And he is a good person. For that, I thank you.

I'll sign this Peter, humbled and happy!!!!! And a Red Sox fan forever. That goes without saying. But now I'm a fan of yours..so thank you....I wish you knew how much that meant to me.....

And WMP? WAY TO GO!!!!!!!I'll never say a bad word about you again!!!

8 Comments:

At 2/09/2007 11:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My pleasure Peter. Figured that'd be an article you'd appreciate.

 
At 2/09/2007 11:30 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Way more than you'd know.........I owe you a lunch!!!!! Harry's Pizza????

 
At 2/09/2007 11:32 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

And Harry makes the best pizza outside (or north) of New Haven, and he's a friend of mine. Again, thank you so much...........Peter

 
At 2/09/2007 11:33 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 2/09/2007 11:35 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

And DAMMIT, you made me cry. Have to go.....so, thank you....

 
At 2/09/2007 2:16 PM, Blogger Ian said...

Peter there's no crying in baseball.

 
At 2/09/2007 5:15 PM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 2/09/2007 5:28 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Ian, I wasn't really...I was touched, Tom Hanks. Great movie too!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home