Tuesday, February 27, 2007

More Manny Mutterings

Oh yes. Manny indeed stays in shape. He proved that to RSN yesterday. Read this, from the Herald.....and I have linked the Globe's Shaughnessy article here, so after reading my stuff, click on the title of this post for a different take on this happy Mannyness......

"For his first time in a batting cage at spring training, Manny Ramirez [stats] looked particularly sharp as he sprayed line drives to left, right and center field yesterday.
One big reason, according to one of his confidantes, is that Ramirez took batting practice five days a week from December until now. In previous offseasons, the source said, Ramirez never picked up a bat. This time around, the extra work came from a desire to show more production early in the season.
Ramirez has a career .312 batting average in March, April, May and June, with 214 homers and 736 RBI. In July, August, September and October, he has a .316 average with 256 homers and 780 RBI.
Ramirez’ agents, Greg Genske and Gene Mato, said that Ramirez has the green light to play baseball at full speed after rehabbing the sore right knee that sidelined him for most of September last season. Ramirez’ condition is neither chronic nor arthritic, Mato said."

Peter here, and that's good news about Manny's knee. Maybe the time between the beginning of October and the start of his daily batting practices in early December, and the rehab involved during that span, did wonders for his knee. We have to hope so. Why? The Red Sox, WITH a healthy, full-time, pedal to the metal Manny AND with the successful ending of our search to find the closer to be named later, will make this team that we love a formidable club, and that's putting it mildly. The Sox will be the favorites to win the AL East. And that's just the start. Again, that prognosis would be for a Sox club WITH a closer. The names are out there in the bullpen. One, Mike Timlin, is already injured. He's over 40, and I don't think his body will allow him to be a season-long force as a late inning guy.
But I stray from the subject at hand. Welcome back Manny. Way to stay in shape!! And I KNOW that YOU know exactly what the home opener will be like......a full house of Manny fans-pure ecstacy with constant standing ovations, screaming voices and just general zaniness. Such is the life of a Red Sox fan. When it's good, it's REALLY good. And early April of 2007? REALLY GOOD!
My faithful readers, there is no more to say! Thanks, as always, for stopping by. I don't know what I'd do without you. And some have voiced the thought that we've already heard enough about Manny, as well as the closer situation and Daisuke. But they are all vital subjects as we members of RSN search for another World Championship. Three years after our hopes and dreams were rewarded by reality. Remember? Of course you do. We all rose as one, united by nothing more than a baseball club. And we roared. And it felt good!!! I want that feeling back. Don't you? Please comment, if you can.

As the snow falls gently outside, making my backyard worthy of a picture postcard, I am drawn to Fort Myers, to my baseball club. The Boston Red Sox. I love them. And I love you also, every one of you who stops by to read my words. So take care....be well...always.

7 Comments:

At 2/27/2007 10:27 AM, Blogger Bosox Fan in Wichita said...

That really makes me happy that Manny's debut is so positive. It could so easily be a big distracting controversey, but it's nice to hear all the optimism.

Peter, enjoy the beauties of winter, because you never know when you won't see it again for a while. The first spring game tomorrow night! I can hardly wait!

And I want to give a shout out to Kaylee for a speedy and pain free recovery.

 
At 2/27/2007 11:40 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Hey BFW..Kaylee's link is right there, on my link list. I know she'd love to hear you say that!!

TAKE care!!

 
At 2/27/2007 12:03 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

And thank you!!! She's in pain, and I know she'd like to hear from everyone. She's my number one! Ask her what I mean by that! And thanks BFW!!

 
At 2/27/2007 5:58 PM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 2/27/2007 6:10 PM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

Thanks guys:) YOu r concern mean so much to me:)

 
At 2/27/2007 6:49 PM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

i am so excited for baseball tomorrow:D

 
At 2/28/2007 9:26 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

It's because we love ya!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home