Sunday, February 25, 2007

Mariano Says No To Pitching In Boston Next Year.....

I read this with a chuckle, a little laugh this Sunday morning. Here, from the NY Times, and then a comment. The whole article is linked when you click on the post's title.......

TAMPA, Fla., Feb. 24 — "Mariano Rivera, the Yankees’ closer, smiled while he was told some of the recent developments regarding the Boston Red Sox. Curt Schilling will become a free agent after the season. Manny Ramírez is not yet in camp. Daisuke Matsuzaka is a pitching machine.
Rivera also said he would test free agency after 2007. Mariano turned serious when he was asked if he could envision himself pitching for Boston.
“I don’t think so,” Rivera said. “I respect the players and I respect the organization, but we’ve had so much happen between us. I don’t think I could do it."

Another old pitcher? No thanks, although if anyone is an exception to his age, it would be Mariano Rivera. And make NO mistake...he's the best in the business. I can never imagine him in another uniform next year, and the same goes for Schill. If they pitch, they'll pitch for their current right-now teams in '08. That's just the way I feel, and I'm paid the big bucks (yeah, right!) to voice my opinions here. But don't get me wrong. Every time one of my readers, new or old, clicks here to read my stuff, that's all the payment I'll EVER need. And that's forever!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home