Friday, February 23, 2007

It's Up To You, Curt........

This is from today's (Friday) Globe, and then a comment on this sudden turn of events, a turn that makes sense to me, AND to the club....somewhat. I'll explain after this, and the entire article is up there when you click on the title........

"Schilling is wounded the way Pedro Martínez was wounded throughout the 2004 season. He also loves pitching and playing in Boston. He's starting a business in our region and his busy wife seems to have found Boston to be a good fit for her numerous charity causes. Schilling made a bold play to get another year, but the Sox called his bluff and said, "Show us you can still do it." If he pitches well, the Sox still have a chance to sign him for 2008."

Peter here, and this is to Curt, the portly looking, at least at this stage of spring training, ace of our staff. Anyone who thinks otherwise, who thinks Schill is too old or too stomach-heavy to be our number one guy is daft....at least until we see the rotation 3 to 5 times in action. So, Curt....show us, RSN one and all, that you can duplicate 2006's sparkling and totally great 3.97 ERA. There's plenty of time to hone your stuff and slim down while making sure all the 40 plus year old parts are working together. Lame duck? Not to me...show us you still "have it," and the Boston roots that you and your wonderful charity oriented wife and family have established won't be going anywhere. Good health, get that extra zip on your fastball, the extra movement on the cutter, and generally do not let this bother you. If you shine, we shine, and I wouldn't be surprised if the club settles this whole thing well before September. And readers, ya know what? I think that is EXACTLY what will happen.
So everyone....enjoy this grey Friday. My back, which I wrote about in post number one on Thursday, is a little better, but sleep last night was seriously disturbed because the frequent needs to turn over or shift positions resulted in a stabbing, "broke or cracked your rib" type of pain. OUCH!!!!!! And that's what I think is the problem. How did I do it? That's what bothers me the most, because I have no idea. It's OK when I'm sitting or generally upright, but the usual haven of comfort, my bed, has become something out of the Twilight Zone. Thank you Vicodin, although even "you" hardly take the edge off this unknown enemy and its best friend, PAIN. But readers, you know me....I'll be back later, after shopping for me AND my wonderful cat. Food for two, coming up! Thanks for reading. Love ya all! And another Friday post? You never know.......

11 Comments:

At 2/23/2007 10:09 AM, Blogger Bosox Fan in Wichita said...

OK Curt, we get it, now be done with the posturing for the 2008 season & concentrate on getting ready for the 2007 season. Actions speak louder than words, so please, Curt, show us more good pitching & less self-promoting & everything else will take care of itself. Be the man we've come to depend on & you can depend on Theo doing the right thing.

 
At 2/23/2007 10:17 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

BFW, yes! It's "get down to business time" for everyone but Manny. And I am sure that when (or if...when!!!) Curt shines in his first half of the season, everything will fall into place, and the Sox will be up seven games on Toronto (!) by June 1.......smiling as I typed that!!!! C L O S E R....that's where my concerns lie. And I ain't lieing!

 
At 2/23/2007 11:53 AM, Blogger Ian said...

You need some muscle relaxers and need to do a lot of stretching for your back. Trust me. I experience what your going thru on a daily basis.

 
At 2/23/2007 12:33 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Ian, thanks! I found out it is a cracked rib on the left side.....but I'll be OK......I have a high threshold of pain...but this is tough! And thank you! P

 
At 2/23/2007 12:35 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

And I'm on the treadmill AND the StairMaster every day....so I'll be fine..but wow, I do not want to ever go through another night like last night!
I appreciate your commments and everything! Peter

 
At 2/23/2007 1:49 PM, Blogger BklynSoxFan said...

I really wish Schilling had done this in private and not done it through the media, but that's the way he operates...Sox FO are doing the right thing taking a wait and see attitude with him.

Hope you're feeling better my friend...

 
At 2/23/2007 4:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any guy who admits he loves his cat can't be all bad!

http://redsoxstateofmaine.mlblogs.com/

 
At 2/23/2007 4:15 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Q, I'm OK, just a little pain......and Miss Maine Cat Woman..thank you...he and I have been buddies for so long, I can't imagine my life without him. Both of you...GREAT WEEKEND!!!!!!!!

 
At 2/23/2007 4:16 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

And now I know...it's Lisa!!! I like your blogs!

 
At 2/23/2007 8:14 PM, Blogger laura said...

I don't like that Schill made it public information either, but it will be interesting to see how it all plays out. As long as he doesn't go to the dark side next year...

 
At 2/24/2007 6:10 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Laura, he's already ruled that out...and if he has a season similar to last year, he'll be pitching for us come '08.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home