Tuesday, February 06, 2007

A Big Fat Goose Egg

The title refers to the outside temperature as I strike these keys. Zero...nothing...five minus five....0...anything you call it, or write it, it's COLD!!! So I thought I'd bring you a little baseball news, Caribbean Tournament style.....this is from today's Herald, and concerns a guy who will be pitching for the Boston Red Sox soon.......the entire article is linked when you click on this post's title.

"Julian Tavarez pitched three-hit ball into the sixth inning and the unbeaten Dominican Republic eliminated defending champion Venezuela from title contention in the Caribbean Series with a 7-1 win Monday.
Tavarez, a reliever and occasional starter for the Boston Red Sox [team stats], tossed four perfect innings before giving up a leadoff single in the fifth......"

Tavarez was all over the map last year, bruised and battered for much of the season. But when the club was in dire need of starters, he found something. Who knows what? Maybe he is better off starting than coming in from the bullpen, for he had some strong starts in September. This year is a different story, however. The club has six strong candidates for the starting rotation. I am of course including Jon Lester in the mix. Jon is already working hard to build up his strength and is near 210 pounds on his way to his goal of 215. So Tavarez will be a member of the role-less (for now) bullpen, still an entity to be formed and molded into a cohesive powerful unit. But I thought you'd enjoy the Caribbean Tournament news while imagining the warm and gentle trade winds that gently caress the lucky ones who are down in that wonderful part of the world, beautiful islands surrounded by light green coral-filled water. 86 degree water, with visibility of 50 feet or so, teeming with ocean life and sunlight reflecting from every gentle wave. Sounds nice, doesn't it. Reality strikes as I shift my gaze a foot or so to my indoor/outdoor themometer perched just to the right of my computer. 3.6 degrees F. Oh well. It was a nice daydream. For all of us.
Spring training approaches, and I'm sure if we could, we'd follow Kaylee's suggestion and just HIDE until the start of baseball spring training style. And NESN will be televising a nice portion of the pre-season schedule.
Oh, I'll be back. And if you are a reader of baseball nooze, linked on your right, resubscribe to my blog by going to the "mynews" page on the baseball nooze homepage, and pick out Boston Red Sox from the list of teams on the left side of your screen. And then click on my blog, and click on subscribe. Actually, it says "add this feed to my page." Do the same for ANY other Sox blogs, or any other team's blogs, and you'll have your very own "my news" page with everything there! Walter runs the place, and I recommend it. If you already were a baseball nooze subscriber of my blog, resubscribe as per the above instructions. For a while, things were not updating properly, but Walter fixed everything. From the list of baseball teams on the mynews page, click on Sox, and then Peter's Red Sox Forever, and then the subscribe (add this feed to my page) button. You will then have assembled on your very own "MYNEWS PAGE" all the blogs of your choice. And that's so nice.
Gotta go! I'll be back when (not if) I find something else that will suit your fancy baseball-wise. Take care, my readers, my friends. Forever, as the title says.

8 Comments:

At 2/06/2007 10:03 AM, Blogger Suldog said...

Ooooo, it's so damn cold here. Sorry, that's all I can think about :-)

 
At 2/06/2007 11:41 AM, Blogger Novella said...

-27 this morning ... it's a heatwave !

 
At 2/06/2007 12:02 PM, Blogger Ian said...

It was pretty cold walking from the parking garage to Gampel last night. It was i think -5 then around 9 pm out there.

 
At 2/06/2007 12:26 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

I know Sul...read Novy's comment! Novy...wow!! Is that with wind chill????? And Ian...minus five at Storrs? They have a low thermometer! Gametime was more like 10.....
No matter what, it's cold! Don't freeze, NOVY! Please........it would make it tough to walk and stuff!

 
At 2/06/2007 4:40 PM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

I was serious I am gunna hide til spring starts:)It is a nice 82 here today:)

 
At 2/06/2007 4:49 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Dreamcrusher, be well! And Ian and Novy...you too!!!!

 
At 2/06/2007 5:00 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 2/06/2007 5:03 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home