Thursday, January 11, 2007

Roger And Geography In 2007....

Hello, me here, and this is also from today's Thursday New York Daily News...I'll be back with plenty of words....and this is regarding what that pitcher from Texas, I THINK his first name might be Roger, is thinking. But this is according to his agent, so spin might be involved. Wait a minute! Of COURSE it is.....and as always, click on the title to see and read and digest the original article.....

"Clemens will pitch a shortened season, just as he did for Houston last year. Clemens hasn't made a decision, Hendricks (his agent) said, but would pitch for only the Astros, Red Sox or Yankees. Clemens has always enjoyed drama, so a return to Boston, where he started his career as a 21-year-old in 1984, or New York, where he was on two World Series champions, is appealing as well."

This is an appeal to Roger Clemens, and NOT via his agent. This is via MY blog. It's called "Peter's Red Sox Forever," Rog. You should check it out! Maybe you haven't come by here, but so so many Red Sox fans are here every day. At least I hope they are...I KNOW they are. So, Rocket, if you go anywhere other than where you grew up, with the green wall and the loving and all-knowing fans, STAY HOME! I loved watching you in the 80's, when you morphed from a pudgy rookie with a GREAT fastball, into a pitcher supreme. REMEMBER YOUR ROOTS. I'll sign this Peter N. I've been around longer than you've been pitching, I remember in '84 when you had your injury scare. I was driving while listening to the game on the radio, and I...I...I almost had to pull over! I've yelled myself hoarse so many times when you toed the Fenway mound, much to our delight, excitement, and chills. 2007.....sounds good to me! Comments???????

15 Comments:

At 1/11/2007 11:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Problem with WILLIAM Roger Clemens(His wife once referred to him as "My Billy" & his surname is Latin for Merciful)is his selfish egocentrism:

I witnessed two performances where The Rocket collapsed on the mound, in '01;

It's '07 & he's ever more-prone to injury;

Let's face it as it's time to retire, as even by W'm Roger's own admission that recovery time between starts is greater, hence the injury factor is greater, with chances that he might not recover as quickly.

 
At 1/11/2007 11:59 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Well said! But....but....NOPE! I've seen his unbelievableness a dozen or more times...would he be a plus for the 2007 Sox? I think YOU can answer that question, because I already have. Thanks Michael....Peter

 
At 1/11/2007 11:59 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

FACE IT!!!!!!

 
At 1/11/2007 2:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I loved the rocket since i could rememeber...let him play let and when he's ready to retire hell retire where he belongs the REDSOX!!!

 
At 1/11/2007 2:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, again I'll state that I really don't want the guy to come back here. De Gustibus Non Est Disputadum, as my grandfather used to say when he wanted to confuse the cat.

 
At 1/11/2007 5:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just don't think the team needs any distractions...especially not a prima donna pitcher, thanks. :-)

 
At 1/11/2007 5:13 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

If it helps our team, I'm all for him....sorry...I cannot be budged.......won't happen, but be careful what you wish for....want him in pinstripes?

 
At 1/11/2007 5:16 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Cyn, sorry.......no can agree......

 
At 1/11/2007 5:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i want him if he will help us!!!!!!!!that is all i am saying about him........i am thinking more but wont say it.

 
At 1/11/2007 5:31 PM, Blogger Bosox Fan in Wichita said...

We've got the perfect setup for the Rocket ... with our starters he won't have to throw every fifth or sixth day. Our rotation would give him more of that recovery time that he needs.

 
At 1/11/2007 9:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Exactly. This is a perfect opportunity for Clemens. He can come and pitch, but he wouldn't be the only guy we have. Since we have Matsuzaka, Schilling, Beckett, etc. He wouldn't have to pitch as much. Plus our rotation would be pretty great if he came back. Imagine? Hopefully something happens soon, because I don't really want to hear about it. It's like Manny. I get tired of hearing all the crap.

Come on, Roger.

 
At 1/11/2007 9:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

very well said BOSOX fan in Witchita.That is how I view i:)

 
At 1/11/2007 9:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

EXACTLY LAUREN.I am tired of all the crap too.ABOUT TIME he commit to pitching in 2007

 
At 1/11/2007 10:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wouldn't particularly mind if he came back, but it doesn't matter to me if he stays in Houston. As long as he stays out of NY!

 
At 1/12/2007 6:48 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Laura hit the nail on the head. By coming to us, he cannot go to the pinstripes. And he'd help their club AND make them faves in the division, if the aren't already. Thanks everyone!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home