Thursday, January 18, 2007

Once A Cheater.......

Always a cheater. This article from the Herald caught my eye and actually begged me to comment. Actually got down on its knees, ring in hand, and begged! So.....here's an small piece of said article followed by my direct and maybe harsh comments. And you can click on the title to read the entire piece. Please do!

"Meanwhile, Bonds thinks McGwire and Rose belong in Cooperstown. The Baseball Writers’ Association of America denied McGwire in his first year of eligibility. The former slugger ranks seventh on the career list with 583 home runs, but his legacy was tarnished when he stonewalled Congress two years ago amid accusations of steroid use.
Rose is not eligible after receiving a lifetime ban from baseball in 1989 for betting on the sport.
“I congratulate Cal Ripken Jr. and Tony Gwynn for their induction to the Hall of Fame because they were great ballplayers,” Bonds said from the Dominican Republic. “But I also think McGwire and Pete Rose should be in Cooperstown.”"

Peter here, and I have much to say. First of all, Cal Ripken and Tony Gwynn do NOT belong in the same sentence as Rose, McGwire and Barry! Much less the Hall of Fame. Baseball's finest. Barry Bonds' reputation has been tarnished beyond repair. And what do ya know? He is endorsing two other baseball once-greats whose reputations are sorely in need of tarnish remover of the industrial-strength kind. So I'm not surprised. Together, the three of them are like the evil version of the Three Stooges. Those four zany brothers have always been dear to my heart. Bumbling, stumbling and lovable. McGwire, Rose and Bonds? The exact opposite. They are players who had immense amounts of talent who turned to, at least in two cases, performance inhancing substances. And in the third case, betting on baseball WHILE he was managing. While he was in full control of a major league team. And ALL THREE share one thing in common. THEY ARE DIRTY DISGUSTING LIARS. To cover their sins, they warped the truth. I have no patience for people, anyone in any capacity, who lie to cover their asses. Bluntly said, but it's the way I feel. The Hall Of Fame does not now, nor EVER will, have a place for those who disgrace the very game that made them famous. No matter how many home runs (McGwire-Bonds) or hits (Pete) they have in their playing history.
Ok, I guess that was a bit of a rant...but a needed one. Barry, you need to choose friends who are truthful to the game that so many of us love. OR JUST GO AWAY! Case closed, at least for me.

It's been a busy three days for me, but I'm hanging in. And I thank you for hanging in. My readers are simply.....THE BEST!

12 Comments:

At 1/18/2007 10:41 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Thank you! My error. I appreciate the correction.. I guess the memory of his "departed too early" Dad still shines in my memory. I hope all is well, FS. Thanks again....P

 
At 1/18/2007 10:48 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

And good points too...but McGwire balooned up...the reason has to be steroids. But you're right...there is no proof except for common sense and just looking at his "before and after" pics. Well said, FS.

 
At 1/18/2007 10:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i still have to say i don't share your opinion on McGwire. the other two were proven to have done wrong & shouldn't be allowed in. McGwire is purely speculation. innocent until *proven* guilty in this country, remember?

 
At 1/18/2007 11:24 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Dawn...hi!!! Happy New year!! I have to agree with you AND FS. As he said, "innocent until proven guilty." And he WILL be in the H of F....it's just that the voters made a statement this year. Thanks for the comments....keep 'em coming!!! And I'll keep writing.

 
At 1/18/2007 11:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rose should definitely be in. His transgressions in no way affected his accomplishments that merit inclusion. The others MAY have been guilty of doing things that DID impact their performance, so a different case. Only my two cents, of course.

 
At 1/18/2007 11:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is just Bonds way of deflecting the amphetamines story away from him. He is trying to get everyone to think about something different instead of having to answer questions about his "failed" drug test for uppers.

 
At 1/18/2007 1:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the blog that you have. I was wondering if you would link my blog to yours and in return I would do the same for your blog. If you want to, my site name is American Legends and the URL is:

www.americanlegends.blogspot.com

If you want to do this just go to my blog and in one of the comments just write your blog name and the URL and I will add it to my site.

Thanks,
Mark

 
At 1/18/2007 1:37 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

J. Mark...look again at my links...you're right there!!! The last one, but the best might have been saved for last! Thank you for linking me too!
FS, yes, that info was not supposed to be leaked. Such is the nature of the media!
Sul, hey. My two cents have dwindled to one...always great to have you here...
Ian...YES!! I hate Mr. Bonds......
Thanks all!!!!!!!

 
At 1/18/2007 3:23 PM, Blogger Bosox Fan in Wichita said...

Peter, with inflation your dwindling two cents will soon be back to two and a half cents. HOF is not a court of law ... when you have a chance to declare your innocence under oath & don't, it says a lot.

And I think Petey should be in the HOF, too ... the year after he dies. Surely his ego will still be alive. HOF does have morality rules.

 
At 1/18/2007 5:26 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

BFW, well, I don't know what to say! Most people call me Peter, not Petey...but I ACCEPT! Many thanks.......and I'm kidding....have a good night. And I KNOW I have to wait 5 years!
Call me patient Peter!

 
At 1/18/2007 10:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bonds is just such a "nice guy" to promote Rose and McGuire for the HOF!! Give me a break!!! Pete "Charlie Hustle" Rose is a "bad guy" but who will ever have more than 4256 hits in their career? Did betting enhance Rose for more base hits as steroids maybe induced more HR's by Bonds and McGuire? These questions will go on for a long time!

 
At 1/19/2007 6:49 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

FB, it just struck me as funny that those particular three players "banded" together for this story. Three of a kind...thanks everyone for the comments.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home