Sunday, January 21, 2007

Football Sunday. OH YES!!!

Sunday. 8am. The sun peeks through the canopy of trees in the backyard, low on the horizon. A winterlike 9 degrees F. Winter is here, albeit a little late. And a coastal storm that will not be born for three days or so promises a heap of the white stuff for late in the week. MAYBE. As always, the exact path of this forthcoming storm is not yet known. If it moves up the coast and passes Connecticut as it slides over eastern Cape Cod....snow. A lot of snow. With wind. If it hugs the coast and passes directly over or just to the west of north central Connecticut, a mix of just about everything is certain. I'd take all snow over that treacherous mix anytime, any day. And if it travels inland to the west of Connecticut, then we would be on the warm side, as southerly winds bring an increase in temperature and a quick change to all rain. So the perfect snow track is one that will chart the storm north and east of Connecticut, crossing Cape Cod on its way north and east. Will it move fast, or will it slowly lumber on its northeasterly journey, maybe stalling just south of Long Island? That would cause the precipitation to last, and a chance for yet more snow to be dumped on us. All these questions are not answerable, not until the storm forms. If it does. And where it does. It's even too early to rely on the computer storm-path forecasts. But that, in just a few sentences, is the nature of what we here in the northeast United States of America call a Nor'easter. From snow to ice to sleet to rain...anything is possible and the meteorologists are just guessing at this early stage. I love talking weather...always have.
I told you that to tell you this. On this beautiful and sunny yet deep-freeze cold day, sports fans turn their eyes to football. Football New England Patriots' style in this neck of the woods. A 6:30pm kickoff time insures good primetime ratings for CBS, as well as the great matchup. Indianapolis and Peyton Manning and Adam Vinateri versus Tom Brady and his Patriots. The Pats are favored by a field goal....that's the home field advantage right there. Go Pats. The Colts have beaten us in our only meeting (thanks ***dawn***) this year, but they're going against a Patriots' team that has been tough to beat in the post seasons past.

This view, from the Lowell (MA.) Sun, says it all. The link can be accessed by clicking on the title of this post.

"The San Diego Chargers were perfect this season at home until the Patriots visited them last Sunday. The Colts too are "perfect at home (9-0). Certainly it is better to be at home for the playoffs. But the Patriots are 8-1 on the road this season. When Brady was asked whether the noise inside the RCA Dome will create problems with the snap count, he coolly replied, "We use a silent count. There is nothing coming from my mouth that they could get a jump (on)."
Brady is 23-1 on artificial surfaces (16 straight W's) and 12-1 in the playoffs. You do the math."

Oh yeah, I'm looking forward to this afternoon (game 1--Bears-Saints at 3:30pm) and evening of football, the fireplace blazing and the grill busy, laden with food of all kinds. Grilling with the ski jacket on. Oh yes!
Enjoy your Sunday everyone. If I stumble across anything baseball related, I'll be back with another post. But I did want to let you know what a winterish scene this Sunday morning has become. But sunshine abounds and it's warm and cozy inside, with just a sprinkle of snow here and there to freshen the outside view.
Enjoy the game, and again, GO PATS!!!!! Next stop for the two winners? ***THE SUPER BOWL***

And if you're in the neighborhood, or near it, stop on in!!!!! ANYTIME after three. RSVP!
Enjoy your Sunday, and thanks for everything. For reading. For being here. For your comments. For the smiles you give me.

32 Comments:

At 1/21/2007 9:00 AM, Blogger GM-Carson said...

PeterN- where did you go to college in PA? I'm a Bucknell grad. By the way, would you be interested in exchanging links? Just let me know via email or a comment, thanks.

 
At 1/21/2007 9:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey Peter? the Colts aren't in our division anymore, so we only play them, at most, once per season -- and even then, not always. they did play us once this year. and once last year. both times in Foxboro & both times they won. but only one loss this year -- and i hope we keep it that way this evening!

 
At 1/21/2007 9:25 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Thank you **dawn**...I will correct my post. Enjoy your Sunday. And gm carson, I went to scholl in lancaster PA...Franklin and Marshall.....

 
At 1/21/2007 9:37 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

My spelling was not great..early and cold!!!!! Thanks again Dawn...I referenced you in my addended post. And GM...I emailed you!

 
At 1/21/2007 10:08 AM, Blogger Jess said...

Sounds like you have a great day ahead, Peter.
I, of course, will be going insane at the bar - first with the local Bears fans, then solo for our beloved Pats.
All should go well - here's hoping!

 
At 1/21/2007 10:14 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

I'm with you Jess! Bundle up if it's as cold as it is here. And I know you're going to have so much fun. Make a toast (or a beer glass) to me. L'chaim (to life!).

 
At 1/21/2007 10:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey peter I am looking forward to both games too:) i want to see the saints beat the bears then of course,the colts beat Mr." I do think new england is good anymore"vinateri and Payton manning!

 
At 1/21/2007 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

and i want the pats at the next stop:)

 
At 1/21/2007 11:42 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

The next stop is OUR stop!!!! After today's hopeful victory.....how are you feeling? I hope all is OK!!!!!

 
At 1/21/2007 11:47 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

AND GO PATS!!!!!! And Saints!!!

 
At 1/21/2007 11:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

all is very well here I am great today:)

 
At 1/21/2007 12:02 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

And that's GREAT!!! 3:30 my time...game number one. But it's game number two that sets my heart racing. Take care K.

 
At 1/21/2007 12:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks and yes that is the biog game:)

 
At 1/21/2007 12:24 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

You're right K. Be well, and hi to BB.

 
At 1/21/2007 12:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only a few more hours till the Pats take the field! Can't wait.

 
At 1/21/2007 12:53 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Me too!!!!!!!!! Take care Lauren, always!.........

 
At 1/21/2007 2:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The "Big" Colts D of the two playoff games stopped two high powered offenses the Chiefs and Bengals. Right!! What me worry!!
;)))

Go Pats!
Kevin

P.S. 6:30pm won't come soon enough!!

 
At 1/21/2007 5:36 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

May the better team (NE) win! And thanks everyone!!!!

 
At 1/21/2007 5:49 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Kaylee is 15, you retard!!!!!

 
At 1/21/2007 5:53 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

And that comment was directed to someone, not you K or L.......

 
At 1/21/2007 5:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i did not think it was directed toward me!!!

 
At 1/21/2007 6:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I missed it, what happened?

 
At 1/21/2007 7:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh someone said something rude directed toward me i tink it ws at lewast lauren back to the pats game now.

 
At 1/21/2007 7:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ugh cant type i am too into the game:)

 
At 1/21/2007 8:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peyton Manning is as relevant as Alex Rodriguez:

Neither can do it big time.

 
At 1/22/2007 7:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peter,
Watching the Pats game at a friends house last night I suddenly realized I typed in the Bengals instead of the Ravens in my previous post. Doesn't matter now! Ughh!!

 
At 1/22/2007 8:10 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Michael, I think this is Peyton's year, and I am certain they will wipe the Bears into litterable dust. After all, the game is in Miami..the dust will blend in. And Fenway Blogger, your comments were grerat, as always!
Monday mornful Monday, but the Colts wore out our defensive line in less than 2 quarters. They deserved the win. Thanks everyone! I just had to write a long letter to blogger.com, with dates and IP addresses and screen names about the commenter who has be profanly rude here. And they said all his comments, from now on, will be tracked and read by their legal people. I did not want to do it...I qwas forced. If only he would just leave, it would make my life so much better, and my readers, some as young as 15, and ALL great, would not be subjected to his ugly profanity and negativeness. He knows who he is...please leave. That's all....there are so many other blogs out there. This is a tough time in my life having just lost my Mom. Have a heart...I KNOW you have one, and just go.

 
At 1/22/2007 9:48 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

And FENWAY BLOGGER..... I know exactly where you're coming from. They wore us out...I posted about last night's first half, and then...then..the end.... "Aftermath".....that was actually the name of the Stones' 1966 (??) album that had as it's lead-off song.....PAINT IT BLACK. The Stones were growing by leaps and bounds, while the Beatles,from '65's Rubber Soul THROUGH Revolver (66), into Sgt. Pepper (67)..into the White album (Nov.22, 1968), and ALL IN 3 YEARS? What can I say?? Well, after Abbey Road in '69. they faded...with my tears. But Abbey Road. Holy crap!
Talk about changing the subject. I'm all over the place...nicely, with words I hope everyone loves......and thanks for reading......

 
At 1/22/2007 9:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peter,
Your singing my songs!I have a huge music collection! Master recording set of the Beatles US albums worth a lot now! Stones, Led Zep on and on!I remember those songs coming out!

Kevin

 
At 1/22/2007 10:20 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

We should talk about this, FB. I have every one of the original 60's 45 RPM singles, and I loved the Beatles for forever! Thanks.....for everything! And ALL the original British releases, right up until and through Revolver, when Capital records stopped ruined their LPs by editing them..........wow!

 
At 1/22/2007 10:21 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

And those Beatles' singles, with original art sleeve work, are a treasure! I can't wait to talk to you! P

 
At 1/22/2007 12:03 PM, Blogger Bosox Fan in Wichita said...

"Yeah, yeah, yeah!" or as Paul's father would prefer "Yes, yes, yes!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home