Monday, December 04, 2006

What? Me Sleep?????

This is Peter on a clear and sparkling Monday morning. I hope everyone had a great weekend. Mine was quiet and uneventful, but nice. The weather here in north central Connecticut has realized we are in the first days, the very beginning, of December, and temperatures have begun a gradual decline to normalcy. Just as I predicted (...it was more of a guess. The computers were all over the place), the coastal storm expended all its energy in the ocean waters to our east. And that's good. Now, here's what I meant by the title of this post, the first of what promises to be an exciting week for those of us hungry, even starving, for baseball news.
Sometimes I just get tired at 9pm or so. Especially Sundays. Mondays and Tuesdays too, and less frequently Wednesdays right through Saturdays. On all the other evenings, and you can count 'em, I'm fine! And when I take an afternoon nap, I'm just as fine. Really fine!! I guess I have to train myself not to get up so early in the morning. You see, I usually wake up, sans alarm clock, shortly before 6 AM, almost a full hour this time of year before the sun makes its daily appearance in the eastern skies. I'm bored and I KNOW I can't go back to sleep. So rather than lie there like a log, a very comfortable piece of wood by the way, because I have a great bed, I get up. Shave, shower, brush anything that needs to be brushed. And I'm ready to go. Downstairs, thirteen steps, to feed my boy Babycakes and rustle up some breakfast for his dad, who is me. I know how to rustle up a good breakfast, for one. It's easier to cook for two, but that's another story, another post for another day. I take my blood sugar level, give myself the correct amount of insulin, and sit down with the Hartford Courant sports page section (IF it has been delivered. Our carrier is 77 years old, bless him) for a healthy hearty breakfast. My morning 6-6:30 routine. Now don't forget, that leaves a heck of a lot of morning. But it also leaves me tired by 9 or so in the evening. So I guess that is my MAJOR flaw.
Now you know more about me. Just a little.
The winter meetings are right now getting cranked up to shake our worlds. But when there is no baseball news, there's always me to write about. Please don't leave all at once when I do write about me..it's just temporary.....I don't know what I'd do without you. And hi A. Thank you, and ONLY you, for the inspiration to write all these silly words that turned into an OK post. What would I do without your feedback, your kind words? I have no idea. Lost, maybe.

12 Comments:

At 12/04/2006 10:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

eh ... it happens to the best of us !

 
At 12/04/2006 10:22 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Yep..

 
At 12/04/2006 10:49 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

I did it! The countdown thingy...thanks to the MIGHTY QUINN...link under links!!!

 
At 12/04/2006 11:08 AM, Blogger Bosox Fan in Wichita said...

You just write about you whenever you want. Even though Red Sox news is our glue, those of us that find you interesting won't desert you.

As we wait for the snow to melt, we're excited here about Shocker basketball. They are standing college basketball on its ear. Did you happen to catch anything about Wichita State's game at Syracuse?

 
At 12/04/2006 11:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Personal stuff is ALWAYS interesting. I think many of us who cruise blogs do so specifically for the glimpses into other's real lives. We're mostly voyeurs.

 
At 12/04/2006 12:15 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Wow...so nice..thanks guys! And this week should be so very interesting.....in a positive way, I hope. Thanks...I mean it!!

 
At 12/04/2006 4:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peter, that was a very good post, and I enjoyed it. Novy keeps me ready for baseball to start up again as well-- Looking forward to that as well.

Have a great Monday and week as well !!

Jen

 
At 12/04/2006 4:20 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

U too Niff'!

 
At 12/04/2006 4:41 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

And Jen, you can thank Novy for the idea that became the words that became that post. One in a million! Her, not the post!

 
At 12/04/2006 5:19 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

As are you.....

 
At 12/04/2006 6:38 PM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

i do that all the time haha:]
anyways it is a cold 49 degrees here today to is cold for arizona nice but cole BRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!
-kaylee

 
At 12/05/2006 9:34 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

BFW, no, I didn't. And thank you for the kind words. My next post, formulating in my strange mind as I type this, will be about my today visit to the dept. of motor vehicles.
Hey Sul, I can only try to come close to the way you write on a personal level.
Zach, YES! Boras negotiations always go right down to the wire. literally. No other teams. A Japanese team that covets the moolah. A Japanese player who would lose face if things do not get settled. And an agent and ONE team, and one only....that mix is destined for an agreement. When...Dec. 14th.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home