Thursday, December 07, 2006

A Slice Of 2007's Lineup.......

This from MLB.COM, and then a comment......

"Barring any changes for the rest of the winter, manager Terry Francona's lineup should look something like this on April 2 when the Sox open their 2007 season in Kansas City:

Lugo, SS
Kevin Youkilis, 1B
Ortiz, DH
Ramirez, LF
Drew, RF
Mike Lowell, 3B
Jason Varitek, C
Coco Crisp, CF
Dustin Pedroia, 2B

The Red Sox think that Youkilis is a better fit near the top of the order because of his ability to get on base, and the speedy Crisp would be more free to run near the bottom when he wouldn't be taking the bats out of the hands of Ortiz and Ramirez."

Peter here. I like that line of reasoning. With Lugo leading off, Youk is the perfect number two. An on-base force followed by four, maybe five guys who can bash at will.
The closer status is still a dilemna. Epstein hinted that there will be a closer in place by opening day one way (a trade) or another (from within). As long as Mike Timlin is not penciled in for that role. His age would prevent him from pitching on consecutive days, and I highly doubt they are thinking of any role other than a 7th inning appearance on non-consecutive days. Time will tell.
On the personal front, my cat Baby Cakes and I went to the vets yesterday for his every 6 month check up. The bloodwork results will be revealed to me when the vet calls. Sometime today. I am a little nervous. We've been together since 1988. Bush #41 was President. He's no kitten anymore at 18 1/2 years. But he's my guy and I love him. I will let you know. Promise.
So Manny will be Manny with the Red Sox next year. That's what it looks like. If he could hear me now, this is what I would say. " Manny, we've tried to honor your trade requests, but teams shied away because of your sure to come demand for $20 million dollar option years. So act like an adult and come to play. We have a good team this year. Be the plus you know you can be, not the minus who quit on his team like a sniveling coward last year. CARRY US. You have the ability. We know it. You know it. IT'S NO SECRET."
Wish me luck with my cat. I so love him. And thanks.

4 Comments:

At 12/07/2006 12:15 PM, Blogger Jess said...

Oh Peter, I hope he's ok.
Love for the kitten! (at any age)

 
At 12/07/2006 12:27 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

He is!! See my just now post. I missed you!!!

 
At 12/07/2006 5:37 PM, Blogger Jess said...

What a relief!
Glad to read it.

 
At 12/08/2006 10:20 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Thanks Jess...I don't hear from you much...I hope all is OK..I miss you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home