Sunday, December 31, 2006

Rocket: The Last Straw? For me....YES!!!

I came across this article on this soon to be sun-splashed Sunday morning, from SI. Dated today! And as the title of this post says, if the following scenario comes to pass, that would be the last straw for Rocket Roger and me....read this, and I'll be back with a comment or six.

"While the Yankees continue their efforts to trade Randy Johnson -- Arizona still seems the most likely landing spot -- they are envisioning Roger Clemens as the one to replace Johnson, to the point where they hope to convince Clemens to move up his possible 2007 start date, sources said.
Baseball people say the Yankees seem determined to deal Johnson and hopeful to convince Clemens to not only come to New York but to begin the season much earlier than he did with Houston in 2006. If the Yankees are successful in trading Johnson, their need for Clemens to start sooner becomes much more vital. The Yankees were disappointed when Barry Zito went to the Giants for an eye-popping $126-million deal, but appear much more confident about their chances for Clemens.The word going around is that while Clemens loved the convenience of home, he also misses the drama of New York. And, whether they know it or not, the Yankees' efforts in trying to trade Johnson could enhance their chances to land Clemens. Beyond the fact that by trading Johnson they would free up dollars, word is that Clemens doesn't particularly like Johnson to the point where he might even prefer to go to Boston or stay in Houston if the Yankees fail to unload The Big Unit."

Peter here, and first of all, who DOES like RJ? But Roger Clemens as a player, a pitcher, hell, a HUMAN BEING will be dead to me if he were to don pinstripes once again. I think deep in my heart that this SI article completely misses out on Roger's frame of mind right now. I STILL think he'd like to finish his tremendous career in a blaze of glory, and that blaze would be colored by the splash of red on his Boston uniform. Until I hear to the contrary, I won't budge in those thoughts. Roger Clemens is either loved or hated by us Red Sox fans. We either can't stand him or we can't wait for every fifth day, his pitching day. But clearly he would make our 2007 Red Sox team, that team with soo much promise, immeasurably better. If he WERE to go to the "dark side," not only would it be huge for the Yankees, but it would finally make me see the light. And that light would illuminate a man who has been so good for so many years reduced to a money-hungry idiot who only wants to go back to New York, a club that doesn't even exist in his heart, just for the moolah, the bucks, the dollars. Not for the fans who still love him and who would stand and scream and clap their hands and show every emotion there is in this wonderful world of Red Sox baseball with his every pitch. It's up to you Roger. Do not go to the Yankees. PERIOD. CASE CLOSED. THE END.

Phew...thanks for reading. Me emotional? Damn right! Maybe that's why you like it here.

25 Comments:

At 12/31/2006 11:18 AM, Blogger BklynSoxFan said...

Have a wonderful New Year Peter.

Go Sox in 2007!!!

 
At 12/31/2006 11:35 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Thanks, and you and your's too!!! Be safe....

 
At 12/31/2006 1:15 PM, Blogger Christine E. said...

If Roger goes to the Yankees, why on EARTH would that surprise you? Roger is a mervencary--he screwed the Red Sox , he screwed the Yankees, and now he will screw the Astros..

Roger does whatever Roger wants--and we have a good enough team without him--he is not worth the anger...

Hope you have a happy New Year...

 
At 12/31/2006 1:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A MARVELOUS NEW YEAR, Peter N:

It's Time For Roger To Retire!

 
At 12/31/2006 2:22 PM, Blogger Bosox Fan in Wichita said...

Roger sucks (unless he's in a Red Sox uniform, of course).
Happy 2007 to you, Peter! Another World Series Championship would make it a really Happy 2007!!

 
At 12/31/2006 2:27 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

Happy New Year Peter.... :)

Personally, I think Roger would be foolish to don the stripes again...but, money overpowers all morality and sensability in the major leagues it seems.

 
At 12/31/2006 2:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you Peter!!

Let's hope the Yanks can't unload him if that's the case.

Sox in 2007!!!!

 
At 12/31/2006 2:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

all I really have to say about Roger right now is well othing i dont even wanna think about it
*goes to happy place*

 
At 12/31/2006 2:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will believe Roger is going to New York when I see it.HAPPY NEW year and now I must watch the rest of my beloved patriots game.

 
At 12/31/2006 4:14 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Christine, I diagree with EVERY syllable you wrote...you see, I grew up with the guy, and your hatred is missplaced. For once we totally disagree vehemently!

 
At 12/31/2006 4:14 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

In fact, I hate what you said, but you have the right to say it. Boo to you.

 
At 12/31/2006 4:16 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

To everyone else, thanks for your comments and happy New Year!...you too Christine, but...well, I'll leave it at that. I'm too nice to write what I'm thinking.

 
At 12/31/2006 4:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That TD by laurence maroney made me happy:)and woke my brother up too

 
At 12/31/2006 4:22 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!! P.S. I'm still boiling, but that's OK C.

 
At 12/31/2006 4:31 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

P.S. Kaylee, I'm not watching the Pats..I'll wait for the games to mean something....thanks tho....good night all.

 
At 12/31/2006 7:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Roger on the same staff as Kurt Schilling - keep dreaming won't happen!!

Roger plays in pinstripes or he won't play at all.

Get used to the idea of a 4th place finish in the AL East in 2007 because this season is all about the team in the Bronx.

 
At 1/01/2007 6:39 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

MR, just you wait........look around and see all the shortcomings on your prinstriped team. Happy New Year tho...we'll save our battles for during the season. And Christine, I might have come across a little strong, but it wasn't Roger's idea to leave the Sox in the first place. Can you say Duqutte?

 
At 1/01/2007 6:48 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

MR, Schill spells his first name with a "C"-and YOU know baseball?

 
At 1/01/2007 3:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peter N - Weakness? here are the first 8 in our 9 batting line up: Damon, Jeter, Abreu, A-Rod, Matsui, Giambi, Cano, and Posada.

Weak?

As for Kurt with a C, never claimed to "know" him, but do know baseball, and know that the boys from Fenway will be looking up at Tampa, Toronto, and Pinstripes in the standings in 2007.

 
At 1/01/2007 3:41 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

And hello to you..I meant no harm, Middle Relief.. just wanted to let you know that you might be mistaken! Happy New Year! Peter

 
At 1/01/2007 3:43 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

And the Yankee batting order pales in comparison to the BOSTON RED SOX pitching rotation...but we'll pick this up in early April. Won't we???? And as always, thanks for being here! Stay well!!!!!!.......

 
At 1/01/2007 3:45 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Soo....we can BE nice..right??? You should say yes......2007 is yet to come....and the baseball season to come too...happy New Year

 
At 1/01/2007 3:47 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

And I will say this with a smile...you are nuts! But I respect your Yankee feelings...and that's what this whole thing is about! Be well...and I'll sign this....Peter

 
At 1/01/2007 4:04 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

And Middle Relief, I should not have used that word....it's just that I'm so hungry (dinner-wise!)...and Laura and every lover of my blog say hi too, but I should ask them to say that for themselves! I'm pretty sure they are fans of my blog.....I think.... My friends.....take care...2007 well wishes....and yes, I ( Peter!) will do my best to say, while smiling.......I love you!....take care! Sign this Peter...that's me...And I mean that with ALL my heart..

 
At 1/01/2007 4:06 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home