Saturday, December 02, 2006

One Two Three From Larry Lucchino

This from the Globe of Saturday, and then a word, a pre-winter meeting word, from me. Larry Lucchino's thoughts on three subjects close to our hearts, and the Red Sox' future in '07......

"Daisuke Matsuzaka: "Our interest is obviously sincere. There is a fallacious assumption that this is a defensive maneuver. I tried to squash that while I was in Japan. We have until Dec. 14. Knowing the way the agent [Scott Boras] works, it will probably happen on the night of the 14th."

Possibly signing free agent J.D. Drew: "I'm not going to have any comment on [negative media impressions of Drew]. It would be grotesquely unfair of the media to say that before a new player ever came to town. The last time I remember that happening was for a player named David Ortiz."

On the potential trade of Manny Ramírez: "We like this to be an offseason exploration or transaction, but not a melodrama. There's a danger when we descend on that. This is an active exploration, as we promised Manny we would do in the offseason. Through his agent he has reaffirmed that he wants to be traded. We will need a fair and appropriate deal if a trade is made."

Peter here, and remember, I do not trust this guy. Do you?? Nevertheless, his comments are politically bland enough to ensure that we have no idea what's coming up starting Monday down in Florida except for this.....our club will change significantly in the next week or so. And change is needed. Enjoy your Saturday...stay warm where needed, and cool where it's too warm. And be safe. ALWAYS. Next week should be fun, but for me, everyday here is fun. Believe it or not. I wouldn't change anything for the world. Well, maybe for super powers like Superman, but I've been dreaming of that since I was 5. Oh, and unknown mystery guest, it was great to talk to you yesterday. I hope the movie was great.

4 Comments:

At 12/02/2006 6:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Larry Lucchino?

I STILL have nightmares about M. Donald Grant:

Both are similar;

I still shudder at the 1st Trade of Tom Seaver, almost 30 Years ago.

 
At 12/02/2006 8:01 PM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

the media says stuff about everybody.i dont believe half the stuff they say.larry just sign matasuzaka please.......
-kaylee

 
At 12/03/2006 6:52 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Mata-hari?

 
At 12/03/2006 4:47 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

Hmmm. I always like him when I hear him speak. I'm less enamored with Theo's chasing of love players lately.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home