Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Manny-ness...Or Manny-less........

Gerry Callahan wrote an interesting post in yesterday's Herald. Here's a bit, and a comment from me......

"We may never know why he wants out of a city that worships him, warts and all, but if you’re the Red Sox, you don’t waste time asking questions. You pull the trigger before he changes his mind.
The Sox catch a break, for a change. They get lucky with Manny Ramirez. He wants to play somewhere else next season, and apparently he’s not all that picky about where. He has given the Red Sox a list of teams to which he would accept a trade, and according to TV analyst Jerry Remy that list is at least 10 teams long.
So it is time to end this annual charade, and let the bidding begin."

Peter here, and you know what? I agree.......we desperately need to revamp our bullpen...re-arm, restock, re-"insert a word of your choice here." From closer to set-up men to long men, to ANYBODY that will be effective men. Women. Whatever!! It might take a trade of Manny to help us in the restocking process. Right now on this tragic anniversary of the assasination of JFK, and it's hard to believe it's been 43 years, the holes the Sox FO have to fill are as visible as a full moon on a cold crisp clear night. But I have faith...the club is doing all the things that they have to to ensure post season 2007 play. Nothing less will do. My Thanksgiving gobble post will be up tomorrow morning. For now, this is number two blogger Peter, trying harder.

8 Comments:

At 11/22/2006 11:26 AM, Blogger HorshamScouse said...

If the FO have any sense, they should strike off Manny's list of acceptable teams any AL team (would you want to face Manny in the regular season or in the ALDS or ALCS?). That would probably leave NL teams who aren't going to be post season contenders (would you want to face Manny in the WS?)

I wonder if Manny would want to go to the Nats or the Rockies?

As I said elsewhere, Manny is the last genius hitter playing this game and for two more years with his numbers, I hope the FO have the nous to get the pitching help they need without dealing him.

 
At 11/22/2006 11:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peter,

Thru my Friend Novy I found you and I am enjoying your posts and learning alot about Baseball- the Red sox of course. I just wanted to share.

Happy Thanksgiving to you !

Niffer.

 
At 11/22/2006 11:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you aren't taking this being #2 (like Jeter) thing to heart are you ?

sorry ... i couldn't resist saying that !

 
At 11/22/2006 12:16 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

I'm more of a Remy number two (his number) type of guy. I look on the bright side....I try my best.
And 'Niffer, great to hear from you. I try to be funny through words, and sometimes it works! And with you being here, it only gets better. And your friend Novy...she's great too. Way. Happy and healthy holiday...both of you!!!

 
At 11/22/2006 12:18 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

And John, I so like the fit that is Manny...from leftfield Fenway to his bat. It would take a lot to restock the team at his expense. But...........

 
At 11/22/2006 1:31 PM, Blogger Bosox Fan in Wichita said...

I agree ... if we can't get some really good personnel for Manny, the team can probably put up with him for a couple of more years & use his numbers.

Glad you did a post about that tragic day 43 years ago (almost to the minute).

Happy Thanksgiving to you & all.

 
At 11/22/2006 1:41 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

BFW, hello. And the words about JFK were far from a post. The loss of him, and his brother Bobby, still weigh me down with sadness. Thank you. For being here, and commenting. Happy healthy holiday.

 
At 11/22/2006 5:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agree with John - no way do we want him in the AL. I wouldn't mind having Vlad on our team, though...as long as Manny sat out every time we played the Angels!

Enjoy your day tomorrow, Peter and all!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home