Monday, November 06, 2006

Iwamura Rumbles....Sheff Murmurs

The Red Sox are reportedly interested in Japan's Akinori Iwamura. He is a third baseman who can play second. The most appealing thing? He's only 27. Stay tuned on this one. It might make Mike Lowell part of a tempting trade package. But I must say this. Mike Lowell did EVERYTHING right in '06, and to have him at the hot corner next season would be ideal. Other clubs should be so lucky. Well, no, they shouldn't! The Sox have holes to fill, and third base is NOT one of them. Only if our club benefits in multiple ways should this aquisition of Iwamura be further explored. And I'm sure that's what Theo and company have in mind. But still.......Mikey in '07.....unless there is an option that can not be refused. Godfather?
And the Yankees picked up their $13 million dollar option on Gary Sheffield, the Yankee we so love to hate. I mean, it's sooo easy!! The man is a bitter grump with diminishing skills. A trade, possibly to the Phillies, Cubs or Astros, might already be in place. There is zero chance he'd be coming to the Red Sox. And that's good. Happy Monday, my friends. Up and at 'em.

5 Comments:

At 11/06/2006 9:20 AM, Blogger Iain said...

There is zero chance he'd be coming to the Red Sox. And that's good.

It sure is. I mean, Sheffield to the Red Sox would pretty much ruin not just my winter but my decade.

 
At 11/06/2006 9:31 AM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

Sheff is in "The Clear" on this one:

He really thinks he's "The Cream", as he's used that.

 
At 11/06/2006 11:05 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Almost like WMP will dismay me...right fielder?? AHHHHH. What an atrocious crime. Where's the Hindenburg when I need the reference?
Oh the humanity!

 
At 11/06/2006 3:26 PM, Blogger laura said...

What is wrong with the FO? We need pitching! PITCHING. That is all they should be thinking about right now. Oh, and all those guys that filed, but pitching is so crucial.

 
At 11/06/2006 3:30 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

And they are thinking of P I T C H I N G, Laura. It's just that the press picks up on everything, in whatever order they want to print! Thanks for the comments...it's like you're my co-pilot. And I have a few! You're way up there....right at the top.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home