Thursday, November 23, 2006

Giving Thanks

GOBBLE GOBBLE GOBBLE.......Those were the first words I heard this morning upon awakening. My pet turkey Bernie was hungry, and I was running late and hadn't fed him his kibble yet. I know having a turkey as an in-house pet is a little strange, and that's why I've kept it quiet here while commenting on your various Sox blogs. He's a joy. Since my whole family is out of the country for the holiday (they tried to go as far as they could), it's just Bernie, me, and my beloved cat Baby Cakes. What an odd threesome, but we are great together. Separate us, and things are pretty much normal. But together, in one place? WOW, magic happens! That's EXACTLY what they said about the Beatles and the recording studio. Apart, OK. But put the four of them together? MAGIC!
Happy Thanksgiving to all who had the pleasure (or pain) of reading this post, and enjoy the long weekend while you eat to your heart's delight. When Red Sox magic happens, this is the place to be.
So for Bernie, Baby Cakes and me, have a happy and healthy Thanksgiving, wherever you are.

Hi. This is Peter on this Thanksgiving morning of 2006. The preceding bit of humor was from Thanksgiving morning 2005. I just spruced it up a little. Talk about being lazy. But my wishes are the same. Bernie is fine. Baby Cakes, who is now 18 1/2 wonderful years old, is also just great. My love for him has no bounds. Always. And I needed to thank you for the wonderful year it's been here in blogland. I couldn't have done it without you. May the coming year be full of hope and health and happiness to every one of you.

7 Comments:

At 11/23/2006 11:24 AM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

i have heard of other weird pets too turkeys arent that bad.Just dont eat him haha.
-kaylee

 
At 11/23/2006 12:28 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

And Kaylee, this is your brother's first Thanksgiving. Make sure he gets a lot of kisses. And I really didn't have a pet turkey...but Baby Cakes, my beloved cat since 1988, all 18 1/2 years of him, is real. And I love him so much. I know our time together is limited.....and I will be sad when we are not together. But he's having Fancy Feast Turkey! I love him....thanks for yor never-ending comments!!!
You are great..have fun today!!!!!Peter

 
At 11/23/2006 12:41 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Fooled ya? Can you say gobble gobble? Have fun today! Your friend Peter...

 
At 11/23/2006 6:21 PM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

okay i take thing literally sometimes and yes my brothers first thanksgiving

 
At 11/23/2006 6:21 PM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

okay i take thing literally sometimes and yes my brothers first thanksgiving

 
At 11/24/2006 8:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving Peter ... it's hard to believe it's over.

 
At 11/24/2006 9:13 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

I know...mine was a little eventful..I'll let ya know.....promise. WITH part two........

 

Post a Comment

<< Home