Friday, November 10, 2006

Are You Kidding Me? I Guess Not. So I Say...YES!!!!!!

From ESPN, this minute.........

"The Boston Red Sox may have posted the top bid for the right to negotiate with Japanese right-hander Daisuke Matsuzaka, according to Major League Baseball sources.
There has been no official announcement, and the Seibu Lions, Matsuzaka's team in Japan, have until Tuesday to accept or reject the high bid.
But the Red Sox may have posted the top bid with a figure between $38 million and $45 million, according to Major League Baseball officials who are monitoring the bidding.
Matsuzaka, who pitched for Japan's World Baseball Classic champions, is considered among the top prospects available this offseason.
If the Lions accept the top bid, the winning bidder has 30 days to reach an agreement with Matsuzaka."

Peter here...and THAT'S US!!! Holy crap!!! And thank you, John Henry, for opening your wallet so wide. And now...Scott Boras......may the force be with us! Everything is up in the air...but what a nice statement......Oh, I have to say this...38 to 45 million? Picture me smiling..........

Oh...a little Keith Foulke "not surprising at all" news??...

Red Sox relief pitcher Keith Foulke has decided to test the free-agent market, turning down an option to stay with the Red Sox for $3.75 million.

Peter here.....one word..... PUTZ

8 Comments:

At 11/10/2006 2:58 PM, Blogger Beazer said...

"Putz"

Hit the nail right on the head there, Peter!

 
At 11/10/2006 4:03 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

No kidding. Foulke hasn't shown any stuff in two years. Is he insane?!?!? Whatever.... I hope he goes. I never loved him anyway. Even when we won the WS, every pitch he threw I was like "I swear I'll take bad every bad thing I've ever said about you".... too risky for my liking.

 
At 11/10/2006 4:47 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Meow..Sheff!

 
At 11/10/2006 5:46 PM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

Peter,
If this is true I dont think I will get much sleep the day they announce it.lol.
-kaylee

 
At 11/10/2006 5:48 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

K, if it wasn't true, you wouldn't be reading it. Right here! YAY!!

 
At 11/10/2006 5:58 PM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

well then there goes my sleep!

 
At 11/10/2006 10:08 PM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

Matsuzaka:

Another name which Tim Mc Carver will confuse with some NY Yankee!

 
At 11/11/2006 7:08 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Leeave it to Michael to insert the levity!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home