Monday, October 23, 2006

Petey's 2004 Red Sox "Lucky Charm" Passes Away.......

From the Globe, today....

SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic --"Nelson de la Rosa, once recognized as the world's shortest actor and a ubiquitous good-luck charm for the Boston Red Sox during their victorious 2004 World Series run, died Sunday at a Providence, RI hospital.
De la Rosa, who stood about 2-feet, 4 inches, died of unknown causes, producer Andres Duran said.
He fell ill shortly after arriving in Miami on Friday from Chile."

Peter here. It would be nice, especially in light of the way Pedro was parading him around as if he was a real-life doll on his shoulder during those "giddy for all of us" months in that magic 2004, to hear that he will attend the funeral. Petey, DO THE RIGHT THING. Sling and all......it's the least you could do.

10 Comments:

At 10/23/2006 12:58 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

Hmmm. Call me crazy, but I couldn't imagine Pedro not being there. I don't think he's classless. I may not love the way he left us, but I do think he's got heart and soul....

 
At 10/23/2006 1:05 PM, Blogger Suldog said...

Yeah, I assume Pedro will be there, too. I sure hope so.

And, Rest In Peace, Nelson.

 
At 10/23/2006 1:50 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Rebecca, and Sul...I hope we're right and he WILL be there...after all, he's in the D.R., and that's where the funeral will be. RIP Nelson. And Rebecca (I love typing that name), may I direct your attention to my link section, on the right while scrolling down.....please go to Sul's blog...tremendous entertainment. Thanks guys!

 
At 10/23/2006 1:54 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Reb, it's under Sul-Dog....once you get there, only one post shows up at a time, so scroll down to the history, and pick October '06...the Bridge trilogy is reason enough! Bye....so much more, just like right here!

 
At 10/23/2006 2:43 PM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

Pedro must be there:

He had better be there.

 
At 10/23/2006 4:29 PM, Blogger Suldog said...

Peter, you're too kind. Thank you.

 
At 10/23/2006 4:46 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

De nada!

 
At 10/23/2006 11:21 PM, Blogger Katiee said...

R.I.P. Nelson
that's so sad

 
At 10/24/2006 10:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They said they were sending his body back to the Dominican- what's the postage on that? Is it more than one stamp, because I don't think that it is.

 
At 10/24/2006 11:16 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

First class or coach? I'll check with the experts...and thanks for the laugh! I needed that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home