Friday, October 27, 2006

One Last FATAL Error? We'll See!

Is Leyland, the manager of the Dee-troit tigers, making one final fatal error tonight in naming his game five starter anyone (!) other than Kenny Rogers?? He would be pitching on his normal four days of rest. No conflict there. So? I mean, why save him if there IS no game six? I think this might be a monumental error by the manager that will come back to haunt him should the Cardinals win tonight. And it would be a weird payback for KR's seemingly breach of the baseball laws. We might not see him again. Not in THIS World series. And that's payback karma style. He angered the Baseball Gods.
OOOOOOO! Halloween Tuesday, along with the change of the clocks. More on that later. Tonight might be the end of baseball 2006 as we know it. Hell, as ANYONE knows it. We'll find out. I'd love to read your comments...do you think Leyland IS making a possibly fatal error? I'll read and respond to each and every one. Promise. On my blog life! And without my blog, and you, my faithful readers (Stephen King, thank you for that phrase), where would I be right now. Writing to myself? No no no...I like writing for you! And readers, his new book, LISEY'S STORY, is one you should go out and get. I received an advance copy. BUY IT. MESMERIZING...not horror at all, but the quiet and the turmoil after a death of a spouse. A beloved and successful husband..Lisey is/was his wife. I'll say no more. But the writing, SK's ability to talk to us through his words as if the story was being told around a campfire, with rapt listeners all, is amazing. As is he, for so many years. Decades. Thanks. Just for being here. And I'd love to hear what you think about the Leyland decision...when you're down three games to one, and you're behind in this pivotal game five, which might happen, anyone on your bench is a possible player. Why not START YOUR BEST!

14 Comments:

At 10/27/2006 12:17 PM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

This on The Tigers:

Can anyone say "1962 Mets";

& Kenny Rogers(Not The Music Star), you STILL Suck.

 
At 10/27/2006 12:42 PM, Blogger I Ain't No Oprah said...

Somewhere Kevin Millar is saying: "Don't let the Tigers win tonight"

 
At 10/27/2006 12:51 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

Hmmm. Off topic: Gary Sheffield's hopes and dreams of coming to Boston appear to be squashed. Not that I care, because I despise him and wouldn't really want to see him on our team; but I do find it interesting how the Yankees drama seems to be unfolding....

 
At 10/27/2006 12:53 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Michael, thanks! We will see tonight. And Steve, I so enjoyed your post....and I bookmarked your blog too. If you ever want to visit here, I'd be overjoyed! Take care...Peter...readers, click on his name, and go to his blog...great stuff! And Michael's too...Of course.

 
At 10/27/2006 12:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so disappointed with all of the K. Rogers controversy right now that I don't know that I even care at this point.

Do I still want the Tigers to win the World Series? Hell yeah I do ... But ... I am disgusted with all of it right now.

eh ... i'm gonna shut up now.

 
At 10/27/2006 12:54 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Reb, he is and always will be an unhappy cranky Yankee....and the chance of him playing rightfield next year? A soap opera in itself. HaHa.....

 
At 10/27/2006 12:56 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

And Novy, I hope you don't shut up whenever you are here...your second home!

 
At 10/27/2006 12:57 PM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

I think leyland is not making the right decision because this game is a must win for detroit!I have no school today yay!anyways did he choose verlander?BUt,the cheater deserves it!
-kaylee

 
At 10/27/2006 1:04 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Kaylee gets it!!!!

 
At 10/27/2006 1:09 PM, Blogger laura said...

Verlander hasn't been pitching nearly as well as Rogers...maybe he talked to Leyland and reassured him enough to start him. Who knows? I just hope he wins tonight.

 
At 10/27/2006 1:42 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

...I think if your backs are to the proverbial wall, you go with your best. Verlander would be that much better tomorrow....but that's if there IS a tomorrow. Believe me, Leyland will be second guessed all the way to forever if his team loses tonight. Now, I want to watch! And with not many Friday night plans, there'll be 4 or 5 people here to watch the game in Hi-Def....and it's cold enough to have a nice fire roaring...nothing like the Detroit fire that will consume Leyland should his team lose. And I shouldn't have used the fire metaphor...not with the tragic loss of 4 firefighters in that out of countrol arsonist started heartbreaker in California. For that, I am sorry. Everyone, thank you so much for being here on this word journey. With me.

 
At 10/27/2006 2:12 PM, Blogger Suldog said...

I lost interest in seeing the Tigers win last night after the glove throwing/trash kicking tirade in the dugout by the starter. Nice way to support your manager and show faith in your teammates! Cards win tonight - it's over.

 
At 10/27/2006 3:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I have to say tonight I'm rooting for the Cardinals. The Tigers played so sloppily last night, it hurt to watch. Then there's Kenny Roger's substances ( not to mention his stupid victory celebrations). I'm tired of the team and the attention ESPN has heaped upon.

As to the question of Leyland's decision: Besides the '06 postseason, Rogers has had terrible October numbers. If he pitched tonight, he'd be on short rest ( another negative). Verlander's the Rookie of the Year and has come up with huge victories for Detroit. I think Leyland knows his players and has confidence in his rookie.

But, if tonight's game is rained out, I'd expect Rogers to pitch Game 5 and Verlander to be moved back.

 
At 10/28/2006 1:30 AM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

Werlander tries a 1-5-3 & it fails MISERABLY:

David Eckstein's Father & I have something in Common;

We were taught, in HS by the Marist Brothers, in NYC;

AMAZIN'!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home