Friday, October 27, 2006

Comeback Cardinals One Victory Away From The Crown

The St. Louis Cardinals have a 3 games to 1 lead in the World Series. They beat the sloppy and pitching poor Detroit Tigers 5-4 in a game in which they were down 3-1. Poor defense for the Tigers combined with David Eckstein's 4-4 night put the Redbirds on the edge of forever. They need one more win....one! They'll do it tonight, weather permitting.
In other news, Randy Johnson underwent back sugery yesterday. The Doctor's report said that everything went well. And that's good.
Everyone, have a great weekend. I'll be back later today.

4 Comments:

At 10/27/2006 8:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was happy in the first half of the game, as the Tigers were winning, but ... they let me down ... AGAIN!

Well, whateveh ... get the game over with then ...

Have a good weekend Peter, if I don't stop by later ... :)

 
At 10/27/2006 11:11 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Me too...the Cards seem more prepared, pitching and defense and hitting. I still wonder if Leyland is not making a fatal error in not going to Rogers tonight. i mean, why save him if there IS no game six. Dyumbness. I think the redbirds finish it tonight.

 
At 10/27/2006 11:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If the Tigers win tonight ( or whenever Game 5 is played), they'll have Rogers to fall back on in Detroit. That means they'll probably be able to force a Game 7, where they'd have momentum, homefield advantage, and Robertson on the hill. Tigers aren't out of it yet.

 
At 10/27/2006 11:50 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Zach A...what if they don't? This is what my next post is all about. Win tonight, ya go home and anything, ANYTHING can happen. Lose tonight? FORE! I'd love to hear what you think
after you read my next post. And again, thank you for the link on your so great blog. Hey readers...click on Zachary's name, and it will direct you to his great blog, and his writing, and everything that, although Yankee titled, are the writings of a guy who knows his baseball. And Zach, as soon as I can add it to my link list, you're there. I've been wanting to change to the new format, but for reasons too numerous, let's just say as soon as I can, I will! Temperamental blogger.com.. But you'll have a mention as often as I respond to your comments. Which is fairly often. Hey, take care everyone. I just put up the new post 13 minutes ago.Thanks ZA!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home