Friday, September 15, 2006

Sox Beat O's and Go To Yankee Stadim For A Meaningless Quartet Of Games

The Sox came back and beat the O's last night, and they did it the right way, with single runs in the 7th, 8th and 9th innings to make a winner of Keith Foulke, who said after the game that his location was "on." Better late than never.
And now it's on to Yankee Stadium for single games today and Sunday and a day/night doubleheader tomorrow. And the games are meaningless! I cannot remember a similar situation, at least not in the last 3 years. And I know why. There are no similar situations. This is pre-2003 stuff. And I do not like it. But we have already cast our eyes towards next year, the 2007 season. I hope the front office is able to open up the pursestrings and add to that $125 million dollar payroll. I have one word for them...PITCHING. We'll see you in New York.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home