Saturday, September 30, 2006

Silly String

Game 160 is in the books, a 4 to 3 Sox victory over the punchless Orioles, who have lost 14 of 16 so far to the Sox. Julian Tavarez pitched 5 OK innings, and the bullpen, with Foulke and Timlin bringing up the rear, was effective in earning the save. It's just that there is little spark or substance when it comes to these remaining games. The drama is elsewhere, as Roger Clemens failed to get the victory for the Astros and the Dodgers and Padres remained tied. It was reported that RJ has a bulging disk that might prevent him from pitching in the opening round of post season play. I never root for injuries no matter how much I hate a certain team, so I have no comment. Which is more than I can say about the "always ready with a quote" Kevin Millar, who said this about what might have happened had the Sox held on to him. I'll leave you with his words, and I'll see you later today. Heeeere's Kevin......."I would have been a cheap babysitter for Manny. He wouldn't have quit with me around." Hmmm........

4 Comments:

At 9/30/2006 9:17 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

I'm having trouble leaving comments on other blogs, so I'm trying to leave one here. Seems like a nice place.

 
At 9/30/2006 9:17 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Phew! It works......

 
At 9/30/2006 2:51 PM, Blogger Katiee said...

ok so if Manny doesn't get traded I vote the Sox rehire Millar as Mannysitter

 
At 9/30/2006 6:43 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

There you are, Katiee...though I lost you...have a great Saturday night...talk to you soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home