Monday, September 25, 2006

Papi And The Babe!

This from the Herald, and then a quick comment from me.

" Three days after breaking Jimmie Foxx’s club record for home runs in a single season by belting his 51st and 52nd at Fenway Park, Ortiz tied Babe Ruth’s American League record for road homers by clobbering his 32nd in the first inning of the Red Sox’ sloppy 13-4 loss to the Blue Jays at Rogers Centre.
The designated hitter crushed Gustavo Chacin’s full-count slider into the right field seats for his 53rd homer and his 32nd away from Fenway, which equaled the mark Ruth set with the New York Yankees in 1927."

Peter here, and wow! Papi, a job well done. We love you.

6 Comments:

At 9/25/2006 10:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still, Wily Mo can do more offensively than trot and despite his d has a little more value with Murph coming in as a late inning replacement.

 
At 9/25/2006 12:05 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

I can't agree...Wily Mo will LOSE games for us...Trot never will. But that's why our blogs are great....diferent opinions! Keep up the good writing. And maybe the Pats will start playing like the Pats, yet again...It's a long season. Thanks for reading! And for others, I just added Ben's link here, on the right side of the screen. The very last one...last, but not least! Thanks.

 
At 9/25/2006 12:07 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

It's called ULTIMATE BOSTON SPORTS FAN..Check it out!!!

 
At 9/25/2006 12:24 PM, Blogger laura said...

I hope he hits some HRs tonight, Wakefield never gets any offensive production from his men!

 
At 9/25/2006 12:53 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

I would if I could, but i can't, so I won't....but I can play a better right field than you know who!!! ay better..

 
At 9/25/2006 12:54 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

way, I meant.....I get stupid when I type in a hurry..all your fault, Laura (jus' kiddn")

 

Post a Comment

<< Home