Thursday, September 07, 2006

KO! Kyle Clobbered

*******ANIBAL SANCHEZ PITCHES NO HITTER********

Coco Crisp went 3 for 4. The rest of the team? How about 1 for 27. THUD. That sound was the Red Sox pitching staff's return to normalcy. Kyle Snyder did not get out of the 3rd inning as the White Sox scored early and often. And the cricket like sound in the Northeastern part of the United States was really the sound of hundreds of thousands of television sets powering off at around, oh, say, 8:20 last night. Mercy.
Ex Red Sox Anibal Sanchez pitched the first no hitter in more than two years. Traded to the Marlins earlier this topsy turvey year, he spun a beauty. The Red Sox had no need for him because of a glut of starting pitching, a surplus of arms. Look around, everyone. Where is that surplus now? So much can happen in five months. This year's Red Sox team is proof positive of that.
The KC Royals come into town for the first of three tomorrow night. Revenge should be on our minds. Revenge for the 3 game sweep when last we were in KC. And the seeds for this disappointing September were planted, soon to grow and flourish.

8 Comments:

At 9/07/2006 10:59 AM, Blogger Bosox Fan in Wichita said...

Just want to note that Sanchez's No-no was in the National League. I think he woulda got pretty roughed up facing AL batters this year. Props to him, tho.

 
At 9/07/2006 11:08 AM, Blogger Amy said...

I turned on the Red Sox game just in time for them to cut to watch the no-hitter. Have to say, that saved me from getting P.O'd at the BoSox again.

 
At 9/07/2006 11:11 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Hey, you're a new reader? Thank you. And yes, the NL helps, but the numbers he has put up so far are ones he should be proud of. I know I am. Optimistic. That's my middle name. And realistic too. I know how the injuries have turned our team into a shadow of what they were earlier this season. For a prolonged wonderful time. But baseball has its ups and downs. We're in that latter stage. I love it that you found my blog. Please be back?! And tell your fellow Sox friends. Thanks. You had a hot summer out there, didn't you? Ours was only terrible for 3 or 4 weeks in late July and most of August. And I'm in North central CT.

 
At 9/07/2006 11:16 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

And Amy, I know....but what would we be without Lowell? Diminished. Thanks for your readership, too. I guess there are so many who have gotten over the fact that my blog is a word driven, few links and no pics driven blog. I hope my writing is what is bringing you back. What else is there? Emotions, so many, turned into words that a little voice in my ear tells me, everyday, in a personal conversation. I must be crazy. But nope! I think..........time will tell.

 
At 9/07/2006 11:16 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

And Amy, I know....but what would we be without Lowell? Diminished. Thanks for your readership, too. I guess there are so many who have gotten over the fact that my blog is a word driven, few links and no pics driven blog. I hope my writing is what is bringing you back. What else is there? Emotions, so many, turned into words that a little voice in my ear tells me, everyday, in a personal conversation. I must be crazy. But nope! I think..........time will tell.

 
At 9/07/2006 11:31 AM, Blogger Bosox Fan in Wichita said...

You're welcome for the readership. I like your thoughts on the Sox. Sometimes I down on their prospects for a great season, but after years of living thru all the ups & downs, it's hard not to be a little cynical. Besides, it's a good coverup for that glimmer of never die hope in my heart. Yeah, it's fall like here now, but it's been hot this summer. I've sweated more than Mel Gibson at a bar mitzvah!

 
At 9/07/2006 12:26 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

HAHA...good one!! Keep reading...there will be smiles
amidst the public criticism. PROMISE. Peter

 
At 12/26/2006 12:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guys, I have searched for two years something like this site!
- www.blogger.com 3
samsung ringtone
motorola ringtone
sony ericsson ringtone
nokia ringtone

 

Post a Comment

<< Home